Chapter 49

"No! I can't believe you want to leave me!" Coraline yelled in frustration, suddenly slamming her bathroom door in Draco's face. He let out a sigh and ran a hand down his face, biting the inside of his cheek.

Coraline was always angry or sad or too excited at every hour of the day. It wasn't like he minded- he would never leave her even if she changed- but she had been also clinging onto him like she never has.

If he wanted to go to the bathroom, she would wait for him outside of the door or sometimes even sit on the counter and look up to the ceiling. And after he washes his hand, cling onto him once again. He knew what it could be- but he didn't even want to bring up the topic.

After they lost their first baby, they hadn't even thought about using protection because they didn't care. They would just forget about it or not even have the thought cross neither of their minds. He has thought about bringing up the conversation to at least try to check for a heartbeat, but she knew she would get upset considering what happened to their baby.

"I'm sorry Coraline, I just need to go teach the class after not going for two weeks. I can't keep saying that I'm sick." He didn't hear anything from behind the door, another sigh leaving his lips. "Coraline?" He spoke out, pressing his ear to the door. He heard a sniffle, his hand immediately going to the knob. He noticed it was locked and twisted it roughly, pushing it back forcefully.

It didn't make a loud sound as it broke off, his eyes not even adverting to the small piece of wood on the ground. He looked to the corner of the room, seeing her face buried in her knees.

"Why do you want to leave me so badly?" She questioned, her voice cracking bad she looked up at him. He walked to her, bending down and removing a strand of her hair from her face "I don't want to leave you baby- I really don't- it's just I need to teach class before they suspect something between us."

"But I don't want to stay alone in here." She said lowly, her voice light with tears still in her eyes. "You can hang with Scorpius and your friends. Or maybe even go to class." She shook her head and clung onto him, burying her head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you." She mumbled into his neck, a small smile rising on his face. "I love you too." He spoke back to her, kissing the top of her head and standing up with her in his arms. She inhaled his scent, her body visibly relaxing. He put her on the bed, kissing her forehead and turning around to get dressed. She pulled him in before he could get far, a grunt leaving his lips.

"Do you really have to leave?" She spoke, her arms wrapped around his neck. "Yes, my love. But I'll be back as soon as I can." She let out a low 'okay', letting him go and watching him get dressed. He fixed his tie, turning back around and seeing her already turned around with the sheets covering her entire face.

He ran a hand through his hair and debated staying, the thought of her getting in trouble before leaving school and not being able to graduate because she was sleeping with a teacher winning. He opened the door and walked out, planning to go by and see her when breakfast ended to take her some food. He just hoped she would be asleep when he went to see her. He couldn't bare to see her cry because of him.

But it was nearly impossible to fall asleep without him. So she tossed around in bed, hugging herself.

A sudden pain hit her stomach, bile rising in her throat. She stood up abruptly, running to the bathroom and puking her guts out into the toilet. Her face was red as she tried to catch her breath, coughing hysterically as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Footsteps were heard, a hand moving to her back and gripping her hair gently. She inhaled the familiar scent, her body slightly relaxing as she laid back, his hand pressing her against the wall.

"Are you okay?" He asked. She gave him a forced smile, her stomach still whirling. "I'm fine Scorp." He rubbed her back, the door opening once again.

Other rapid footsteps made themselves to the bathroom, bending down and getting into her view. "What happened to her?" Draco's voice demanded, one of his hands grazing the side of her face. The other gripped her tightly, picking her up from the ground and setting her on the counter with Scorpius watching closely.

"I just walked in and she was hunched over the toilet throwing up." He spoke. Draco grabbed a towel and dampened it, cleaning the residue around her lips. She tried to clean it herself, but he would grip her hand and lower it down every time. He brushed her teeth as well, telling her to open her mouth and show him her teeth.

"Are you feeling better, my love." She nodded once he was done cleaning her teeth, looking at Scorpius who smiled at her and looked away. "Thank you for helping me Scorp." She let out, not wanting him to feel like she forgot he was there. He nodded and looked to the door, pointing his thumb at it.

"Best be going now. I hope you feel better Lina. If you need anything I'll be glad to help." She gave him a smile, hearing his footsteps depart and the sound of a door shutting. She looked back to Draco, seeing him with a small frown, his hands stopped midair with the towel still in his grasp.

"What?" She questioned lightly. He dropped the towel and took her to the bed, still not saying a word. He laid down, a yelp leaving her lips as he pressed her down onto his chest. She lifted her head up from his chest, looking at him softly. "Why are you mad at me?" She let out lowly, seeing him look at her with a serious expression.

He gripped her hair with one hand, bringing her up slightly and pressing his lips against hers. She kissed him back in an instant, feeling him pull away too sudden. "You do know that you being with me still didn't change his feeling for you at all, right?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at him with confusion, tilting her head to the side.

"Well of course- he told me he was okay with you and I going out." She said with no clue of what he was trying to say.

"I'm saying he still likes you, darling. And I'm scared he might try to you know", he lowered his voice, his cheeks getting a light pink tint in embarrassment. She got closer to his face, her eyes shining as she urged him to say the words she thought he was going to say. "Tell me." He looked rubbed circles onto her hips, looking into her eyes.

"I'm scared he might try to take you away from me when you're mine. Only mine, Coraline." Her smile widened, a shocked groan leaving his lips as she kissed him roughly, her hands on either side of his face. She suddenly pecked his nose, burying her face into his neck. He gripped her waist, wanting to hear her say it herself.

"Say it, Coraline. Say you're mine." She removed her head from his neck, biting her lip. "I'm yours, Draco. Only yours."

A/N

How do y'all feel after this first chapter with no drama?