Chapter 17

"Where were you yesterday." Faye demanded as they all walked to their next class. Coraline gulped, giving them a convincing smile before answering, "I accidentally fell asleep in the library. It's embarrassing so I didn't want to mention it to you guys."

Eli chuckled, throwing his hand over her shoulder. "Sounds like Lina to me." They all agreed with a smile, Coraline's shoulders relaxing at how easy it was to convince them.

"Let's meet up at the library after classes? Don't worry Lina we won't let you fall asleep again." Eli grinned and looked over at her, a smile rising on her face at his words.

"Alright." They all agreed, leaving Coraline at her next class and walking away to their own. She hated her schedule. When she had potions they all had the same class together.

Entering the class she sat down at the back alone, not wanting to interact with anyone. The other students were chatting loudly as she pulled out her notebook and quill, not soaring Draco a glance.

Her plan was to ignore him and let him get the hint that she didn't want to be with him anymore. She hoped it worked and she doesn't give in the second he speaks to her.

She could feel him walking closer to her desk, his leather shoes clicking against the wooden floor.

'𝙄𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙠, 𝘾𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚?'

She kept her eyes on the cover of her book as she ignored him, not wanting him to make it harder for her.

"Everyone", his booming voice spoke out, everyone instantly quieting down, "open your potions book to page four hundred and twenty two."

She did what she was told, opening her book to the right page and starting to read.

'𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙞𝙜𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚.'

She slightly jumped at the abrupt voice, not adverting her eyes from the book. She quickly shut him out, not wanting him to make it harder for her.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙

"Class is dismissed. Ms. Lennox I need to have a word with you." He spoke loud enough for her to hear him. She stopped for a split second, debating it she should actually talk to him.

Deciding she wasn't she slipped past behind the other students, not letting another word slip past his lips.

She hurriedly walked out, looking back to make sure he didn't walk out as well. Walking towards the library she spotted her three friends already there. She sat down, smiling at them as she dropped her bag.

"Hey Lina." Scorpius spoke as he watched her closely, the others captured in a conversation. His feelings towards her were changing. He tried to stop them but he couldn't deny the attraction he felt towards her.

"Hey Scorp", she kissed his cheek gently, smiling at him, "how was class?" He cleared his throat, adjusting himself before smiling back at her, "the usual. Boring professor wasting our time."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully, "don't blame them they're just trying their best to educate us."

He chuckled dryly and leaned back in his chair, looking at the dusty shelves of books all over the room.

She pulled out her quill to take notes on the study books, along with her sage notebook. Looking in her bag to take out her ink, her elbow bumped into the quill making it fall under the table.

"Shit." She cursed at herself, groaning as she bent down and crawled under the table to pick it up. She noticed it was rolled under Scorpius's shoe, tapping his leg to get his attention.

He turned his head to the touch, furrowing his brows as he looked under the table. His eyes widened as he saw a kneeling Coraline in front of him.

"Can you- lift your leg up please? My quill is under your shoe."

He blinked a few times, thinking about things he knows he shouldn't. Gulping nervously, he lifted his foot letting her grab it.

She crawled back from under the wooden table, sitting back down on her chair. He stayed looking at her, her big eyes looking at him with confusion. "Everything ok?"

"Y-yeah", he gulped with a small smile, adjusting himself in his seat and hiding his lower body.

She shrugged his odd behavior off and dipped her quill in ink, writing on her notebook. "Wait Lina before you go into your own world I need you to listen for a second."

Looking up she nodded and dropped her quill, giving Faye her full attention. "We are going to be staying with Scorp at his manor at the end of term", she looked over at Eli, nudging him with her elbow, "and with Eli of course."

Coraline's eyes slightly widened as she took in her words. She was trying to avoid Draco so how was she going to do it now? She was going to be staying at his home for two whole weeks, who knows what can happen.

"Aren't you excited?" Faye said excitedly, throwing her arm over Scorpius.

"Mhm. Of course I am."