Chapter 21

Not a moment after Draco left the room, footsteps were once again heard as Scorpius walked down the stairs with Coraline walking behind him. She was wearing some sweatpants and a black v-neck shirt, her hair being tied into a low bun with two strands framing her face.

"Lina", Eli said as he stood up, hugging her tightly, "how are you feeling?" She wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him back.

Guilt was eating him up inside. He shouldn't have told Draco about her mom but he just kept nagging him so he didn't have a choice.

"I'm fine," she whispered into his shirt, backing away from him and hugging Faye as well.

She smiled at her and grabbed her face, kissing her forehead, "Come on, I put pancakes for you." Coraline smiled at her successful attempt of making her smile and sat down next to her, resting her hands on the table.

Taking a moment to look around the table, she sighed when she didn't see Draco and grabbed her utensils. She was embarrassed with the way she stormed out yesterday night. She thought that maybe if she didn't react to his question he wouldn't hate her now.

"Whatever I'm not coming back until she's out of my house", Astoria yelled out as she grabbed her keys and purse, sending Coraline a look that made her want to crawl into a hole and die.

Draco walked out right after, his face void of any emotion as he watched her walk out with a slam of the door. Looking at the table, his face slightly softened when he saw Coraline sat quietly with her head low.

At that moment he wanted nothing more but to pick her up into his arms and kiss her until he physically couldn't anymore.

Coraline looked up from her lap, bile rising in her throat when she looked into his eyes. The silence was overbearing- she could feel the air closing in around her.

She didn't know how he truly was so she thought he would make fun of her after freaking out and abruptly leaving the room.

"I'll be back", she whispered lowly and stood up, walking out of the room. Draco followed her with his eyes, clenching his fist when he noticed it would look too suspicious if he went after her.

He looked down at his plate and picked it up, walking into the kitchen and putting his plate in the sink. The house had another way in to the kitchen so he can make his way around without getting noticed.

He walked towards the way she went, looking back to make sure he wasn't being followed. His footsteps slowed down when he heard her in the guest bathroom, pressing his ear against the door to hear what she was saying.

"Get yourself together Coraline", she breathed out, inhaling deeply and exhaling, "he's just a guy- it doesn't matter what he thinks about you."

There was a slight pause before she mumbled something under her breath and swung the bathroom door open.

Draco backed up, straightening his posture and looking down at her. Her eyes were widened as she gasped, looking up at him in shock and embarrassment.

He looked to the side and pulled her back into the bathroom by her waist, shutting the door and locking it. He mumbled a spell under his breath, silencing the room.

He lifted her up onto the counter easily, looking at her softly. "Why were you so upset last night, my darling?" He figured that if he approached the subject calmly she would trust him and tell him herself.

She looked into his silver eyes, debating if she should tell him. "It's my mom", she let out quickly, looking at his expression to see if it would change.

He nodded tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, urging her to continue.

"She abused me when I was at home- that's why I now live with Faye and her parents." She looked down to the marble counter, pressing her hands flat against it, "she has a boyfriend now and he- he also abused me sometimes", her voice grew softer as she picked on the skin around her nails, "but mostly when my mom wasn't home."

Anger surged through his veins at the thought of them feeling pleasure when they tortured his witch. 𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚.

"They sometimes locked me in a room and didn't feed me for two days at most", she chuckled dryly and bit her cheek to keep her tears at bay, "they said it was for me to learn how to be a good daughter."

Draco's heart couldn't help but clench in pity at how much she's been through.

He pressed his cold hand against her warm cheek, her cheek resting against it. He rubbed circles on her cheek comfortingly, tilting his head to the side as he watched her.

"No one will ever hurt you as long as you're with me, ok?" She nodded, shutting her eyes softly as he wiped a sole tear that rolled down her cheek.

She slowly opened her eyes once again her dark brown hues a now light hazel. They looked like deep pools of honey- he wanted to stare into them forever.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling her face into his neck. It was crazy how fast the words left her lips as soon as he asked. The only people that knew about what her mother use to do to her were her friends- and she had planned to keep it that way.

But it felt so right to tell him when he asked her too. He was so understanding about it that it made her feel happy telling him.

Her arms tightened around his neck as he wrapped his own around her waist. It pained her how much comfort she found in someone she really shouldn't.

She backed away from him softly, looking into his soft silver eyes. She leaned in and kissed him slowly, her hands moving to his face. He instantly kissed her back just as gentle, both of them taking their time to savor the moment.

She couldn't describe what she felt when they kissed. It was like fireworks spreading through her body. She didn't know if she was the only one feeling that way- but she hoped she wasn't.

Draco separated their lips and looked into her soft eyes, his breath hitching at how beautiful she looked in front of him.

At that moment he knew there was no going back. 𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩.