2| 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

buckle up y'all

buckle up y'all. we got a long chapter
  ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒   ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

THE EAR DEAFENING SOUNDS OF TEENAGERS' reverberating screams being yelled in the gymnasium of Hawkins High, was nothing new for Cerise Harrington. Her ears have been adjusted to the stentorious noise and the familiar ringing sound slowly crept up in her burning eardrums.

She did her routine along with the rest of her cheer mates, plastering on a semi-fake smile. She held up the facade for so long, that Cerise seemingly started to enjoy the pep rally. It wasn't like Cerise never enjoyed pep rallies, but for some reason, today seemed to irk her in a way she couldn't explain.

Standing in front of the students of Hawkins High, Cerise's eyes scanned the bleachers for her friends while still staying in sync with her teammates. That's when she spotted the familiar strawberry redhead, her demeanor nearly similar to hers with the same reason why their lives crumbled to the ground.

When Max first met Cerise, the middle-schooler didn't know how Billy could have pulled off such a beautiful and sweet girl like her. With the time Cerise was with Billy, Max has learned to love her as a sister, and still to this day, their sister relationship was strong.

Cerise's mahogany eyes met with Max's ocean ones and she gave her a smile in greeting, the younger girl reciprocating it. She was glad to see Max smile, the 'older sister' vessel in her heart becoming warm at her infectious smile.

Sitting down near the bottom of the bleachers, Cerise sat next to Chrissy, who hugged her, making the young Harrington stumble on her knees slightly.

"You did amazing out there, Cerise," Chrissy praised, her celestial turquoise eyeshadow  shimmering under the gymnasium's luminosity.

"Thanks, Chrissy, so were you." Cerise turned her attention back to the loud pitter-patter sounds of the scampering footsteps of the basketball players entering the gym. When Cerise caught eyes with Lucas, she cheered even louder, feeling like a proud mom.

Gradually, the gym's cheering and voices were put to a low decibel as Jason Carver spoke.

"First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand." Claps and cheers hurriedly bounced off the walls, the conspicuous school spirit emanating in the space. "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad."  Cerise clapped towards her cheer mates, admiring every single one and how she was exceptionally proud of them.

Jason continued to rant about how it has been a tough year in Hawkins, him naming off all of the people who have died in the 'mall fire.' Cerise's heart felt like it was strenuously ripped out of her chest when he mentioned Billy.