12| 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩?

"𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩?."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════
-𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒-
this chapter is a little spicy so yeah. hehe

IT WAS NEARING FIVE A.M. IN HAWKINS, Indiana, the inch of dawn breaking through the horizon. The atmospheric and scenic phenomena accompanied the ascent of the sun, the quiet chirps of birds peppering Cerise's ears.

The girl woke up with a ragged start, the memories of the night before vividly fresh in her head. Her younger sister figure, Max, was floating mid-air, her milky film eyes twitching in horror. Turning to her side, Cerise was met with the sight of a sleeping Max, the soft humming audio of "Running Up That Hill", the slow hissing warble of her cassette filling the secluded area of the Wheeler basement.

Cerise's eyes scanned her surroundings and she noticed how everyone was still soundly asleep. She rubbed her eyes vigorously, rubbing out the soreness from the tears she shed after thinking she was going to lose Max. She diverted her eyes once more to the redhead and brushed a piece of stray hair behind her ear that was falling over her face. She subconsciously smiled at the peaceful sight of her friends and cautiously stood up, walking stealthily toward the front door.

Her hand was merely inches away from the golden knob, her fingertips barely brushing against the frigid metal, but she jumped with a small squeal when someone cleared their throat.

"Ahem," the voice behind her intentionally cleared their throat loudly. At the familiar tone of scolding, Cerise knew within a split second who was behind her. Lazily turning around, Cerise was met with the sight of Steve, leaning against the doorframe of the hallway, tapping his foot incessantly on the carpet.

"And where do you think you're going, young lady?" Cerise rolled her eyes, feeling the overprotective nature of her brother rising once again.

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Outside, like out on the other side of this door, dingus," Cerise snarked, internally laughing at herself for sounding like Robin. She looked back at Steve to be met with a serious expression and she sighed, giving in.

"I'm going to go see Eddie." Cerise scanned Steve's face to see that he had a hesitant expression, but he then grabbed his car keys and pushed Cerise aside, so he was now outside, walking toward his car.

"You coming or what?"

Cerise froze in her place, her sleepiness nearly swallowing her whole, but when Steve whisper-yelled, "hurry up," her eyes shot open once again and scampered to the passenger side of his car.

The ride to Eddie was relatively calm, the only sounds being the revving of Steve's BMW and the radio quietly humming "Shot in the Dark" by Ozzy Osbourne. Cerise was bobbing her head to the beat, feeling the judgemental stare of her brother from her peripheral vision.