8| 𝐂𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐆

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

CERISE'S LEFT LEG WAS CEASELESSELY bouncing up and down, her nerves quivering with anxiety. The teenagers that sat at the table of the trailer park, were theorizing about the potential possibilities of why Vecna was targeting students of Hawkins High.

Steve turned his attention away from the teens and onto his sister, seeing that her anxious behavior was settling over the edge today. He attempted to comfort her, squeezing her hand softly. But Cerise being the grudgeful and petty person she is, ripped his touch away from her.

"No. I'm still pissed at you," Cerise spat, her bittered feelings still being present from the number of times Steve angered her within the week. He mockingly threw up his hands in surrender, turning his attention back to Dustin.

"They were both at the game and the trailer park," Dustin speculated, receiving a concerned look from Steve.

"We're at the trailer park. Uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve looked around the trailer park warily, but his attention was sliced in half when he heard Cerise dryly chuckle.

"What if I'm infected?" Cerise joked darkly, a light scoff escaping her lips. The teens were not amused at all, simply worried after hearing the girl's dark humor. Cerise felt all eyes on her and she received a scolding push on her shoulder from her brother.

"Hey! Don't say that," Steve hoarsely whispered in a pleading tone. Her eyes softened when she met his eyes which were filled with pained memories. With all the trauma Cerise went through, it rarely ever occurred to her how her events impacted Steve as well. Despite being mad at him, she felt a tinge of guilt in her chest.

"I'm sorry," Cerise muttered softly.

As the rest of the teenagers were conversing about the symptoms both Chrissy and Fred had before they gruesomely died, Cerise's mind felt as if it was being pulled out of reality. Her hearing was contorting into an aching muffled reverberation, the taste of salty polluted air compromising her tongue.

And there he was.

The same man Cerise has seen numerous times. The white suit accentuation every muscle on his slender figure, his draping dirty blonde hair emphasizing his infectious smile. His white collared top and jeans brightly beamed in the sunlight.

He trod close to Cerise, his piercing icy blue eyes scanning her mahogany ones. He lifted his hand and tilted her chin with his index finger, his gaze not leaving hers.

"Who are you?" Cerise's voice trembled slightly from the intimidating look of the man. His eyebrow rose with what seemed to be an intriguing expression.