7| 𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

SEVEN MINUTES AND SEVENTEEN SECONDS.

That was how long it took for Eddie to sense the eerie feeling, the uncanny sensation tingling up his back. He rubbed his eyes, turning over his side of the bed to see that Cerise was still by his side, sleeping soundly to match the crickets from outside of the home.

However, when Eddie sharpened his senses, he noticed that Cerise's body was completely motionless, her chest not even rising or falling. His eyes widened in fear, ripping off the loose blankets that were grasping his body. In one swift motion, he was by her side.

His shoulders shrunk, eyes soaking in panic. He vigorously shook Cerise in an attempt to wake her, but nothing was happening. However, that was when Eddie remembered something; a factor that made his body loosen up, all signs of fear and stress, were now gone.

"Dammit, not again."

Again?

Eddie stood by Cerise's side, dragging a velvet recliner that was in the bedroom towards the bed, waiting for the young Harrington to be released from her 'sleeping' state. Eddie grabbed her right hand, clasping it with his two warm palms, and brought them up to his lips. His leg was incessantly bouncing up and down, his jittery nerves consuming his body.

"Wake up for me, sweetheart," Eddie coaxed in a comforting tone, hunching over to press feather-light kisses on her forehead.

It worked before.

It nearly reached ten minutes that Eddie has been by Cerise's side, his tense demeanor not faltering once. He continued to whisper comforting words, waiting for Cerise's waking state to arrive.

And it finally did.

A dramatic gasp escaped Cerise's mouth, her throat parched from the lack of muscle movement. She propped herself in a sitting position, her heavy breathing easing once she laid eyes on Eddie. She looked at him with confusion, seeing how uncomfortably calm he was in a situation like this. Her eyebrows furrowed with a frigid unsettling feeling.

"Woah, Eddie, how are you so calm right now?"

"W-What do you mean?" That's when Eddie's face fell into a mendacious expression. Cerise noticed the way he was excessively fidgeting with his rings, a lying habit that occurred when someone was not telling the truth.  Something she did as well.

"I mean, I fell into a 'dead state' and you are so calm right now? That doesn't make sense unless you've seen something like this before." Cerise's face contorted with an uneasy feeling as she noticed the way Eddie swallowed hard, his nervous aura igniting by the second.