6| 𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐧!"➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒   ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ════════════════════════

➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

CERISE WAS RUNNING AWAY FROM the long slender claws that dug into her left thigh, racing away from the monster that stood as tall as a tree. She sprinted in the bloodied puddles of water, the sickening vile smell of iron suffocating Cerise's senses. Her vision was filled with crimson, the tall breathing corpse trailing its mucilaginous vines that were inches away from Cerise's sprinting footsteps.

Her body became exhausted from the overexertion of running, and her fatigued labored breaths were inhaling the black particles floating in the compromised air. She despairingly searched for any potential hiding spots, but the incandescent red glow of the sky blinded her eyes. Her heart was wildly beating like a drum and the clouded daze in her eyes were flooding with fear.

Cerise hid behind an abandoned caravan, her body becoming frigid at the loud echoing sounds of footsteps advancing towards her hiding spot. She attempted to stay horridly silent, but Cerise wasn't sure if her heart was acting as a beacon for the monster, so she exhaled a shaky consternated breath.

The blood drained from her face, the progressing footsteps nearing closer by the vital second. She heard the squelching sounds of his desiccated body, a low grumbling reverberation forming in his throat. Cerise's eyes were compressed shut, her hands over her mouth while the monster was treading closer to her trembling body.

Lifting her head up apprehensively, Cerise made out the features of the man; the same dehydrated skin, his skin peppered with lacerations, and his fogged cerulean eyes which were scanning the surroundings to find the teenager.

She knew those eyes. She has seen those eyes before.

The familiar blue sparkle was something Cerise saw constantly in her nightmares and her eyebrows scrunched in confusion. However, her gaze was held longer than anticipated, so when the petrifying creature met eyes with Cerise, the girl shrieked in fear. She forced herself out of her frigid state, dashing away from the pernicious monster. She scrambled and fumbled one foot on the other, her rapid breaths resurfacing.

Her damp hair was soaked in blood, the streaking smears of a viscous consistency adhering to her body. It made it harder for her to escape for her life. Cerise's body nearly gave up, her enervated figure desperately making its way to Heaven's guiding light. She was there, she was so close.

Until the levitating monster snatched Cerise by her waist, his tentacles tightly ripping out the oxygen from her lungs. His head tilted in intrigue and fascination, his long tapered slender fingers grazing against Cerise's cheek.

"You're a special one, Cerise Harrington." The monster's booming voice echoed through her skull, his calm, yet unsettling words burning into her mind. The creature leaned his head back, his eyes rolling into his brain. His fingers tore into the delicate skin of her scalp, a blood-curdling anguished scream escaping her lips.