16| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒: brief mentions of abuse, drugs, and alcohol.

𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙵 '𝟾𝟻

CERISE HARRINGTON'S INVOLUNTARILY SHAKING hands were jittering ceaselessly with agitation, her nerves tiring from the deprivation of rest. The flaming burn of lingering cocaine in her nose, pierced her sinuses as she rubbed it incessantly. It was a miracle that Cerise hasn't tripped on any stray branches in the forest behind Hawkins High.

The discernable smell of vanilla butterscotch bourbon stained her gray sweatshirt, the mixture of alcohol and drugs in Cerise's body, inducing the cancellation of her motor system. She internally thanked her father who left open his cabinet of alcohol, knowing her own stash was severely running low.

However, her mind was contradicting itself.

Because of the precarious act of stealing from her father's stash, a faint purple-blue bruise and a two-inch laceration rested right above her left cheekbone. Steve wasn't home this time and her father was already drunk. So her punishment became more physical this time. 

She sat alone on the picnic bench in the forest, needing to get away from the house. Steve and Robin were at their new job, Nancy and Jonathan were doing their own thing, and Cerise didn't want the party to see her like this.

That's why she was utterly alone.

However, when Cerise heard the snap of a branch from behind her, her body instantly tensed, not bothering to turn around.

What is it now, another Demogorgon? Cerise thought internally.

But when she turned around, she saw the most beautiful 'demogorgon.' His curly locks reached just below his shoulders, his doe sparkling eyes shimmering under the green reflection of the forest. Cerise has seen him several times in her life, considering that Hawkins was a close-knit community.

Eddie instantly took a notice of the girl, knowing her as Cerise Harrington. The girl has always caught his eye, the way she would without hesitation stand up for someone who was being bullied in school, or the way she would flash her infectious smile to people who said hello. Nobody dared to mess with the Harrington's. They were asking for a death sentence if they dared to try.

But with the death of Billy, Cerise's emotions were on the brink of breaking. Her vulnerability was taken advantage of by her 'friends' and her mind was swarming with incoherent thoughts, it made high school even more unbearable.