9| 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐄

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

-𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒-
brief mentions of overdoses and rehab. reader discretion is advised

CERISE COULD NOT BELIEVE HER EARS. She was questioning if she was hearing his words correctly. His coherent yet unfathomable words were bouncing in her brain, bruising spots of confusion, pain, and betrayal in her head. Her eyes glossed with a thin film of tears threatening to trail down her cheeks.

She saw the way Eddie looked like he was recently hit with Steve's baseball bat and she winced, seeing that indeed, he was crying as well. Perhaps it was tears of joy after holding in the secret for so long, or it could have been that he wasn't sure how Cerise would react and his worst fear would come true.

He would lose her forever.

"Please say something, Cerise," Eddie pleaded, noticing how the girl was staring off into the boring desiccating wood of the shed. He wasn't patient anymore. Eddie stood up on his feet and crouched below to face Cerise, interlocking one of his hands with hers, while the other caressed her cheek, forcing Cerise to look into his pleading eyes.

"Baby, can you please say something?" Eddie was desperate now. He needed to hear what Cerise was thinking.

She was silent. Cerise was never quiet so when she looked down to see Eddie's eyes, he gulped in nervous anticipation, feeling that words were rising in her throat. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it and retracted her hand from Eddie's grip, a frown etching on his face.

"Am I high right now?" Cease airly asked herself. A stifled laugh escaped Eddie's lips and he shook his head to only see that his girl was laughing along his side.

To see that Cerise was able to make a joke in such a serious situation, lifted a massive weight on Eddie's chest. He saw that she still had questions in her head and he was more than glad to answer them.

"No. No, you're not, Little Red." It slipped out of Eddie's mouth, but Cerise whipped her head at him, a sudden rush of familiarity running in her veins at the nickname.

"Why have I heard that name before?"

Eddie internally cursed at himself for letting such a foolish mistake leave his mouth. He always called her that back when they were together. It felt so natural to him to call her the nickname she always adored.

"I used to call you that all the time. Your name is the literal definition of Little Red Riding Hood and you know how I am; couldn't resist nicknames." Eddie dramatically whipped his curly locks over his shoulder, a boisterous laugh leaving Cerise's lips.