15| 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞?"➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ════════════════════════

➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

EDDIE STARED AT THE STATE OF HIS peacefully sleeping girlfriend, her arms caressing his waist as she laid in between his legs. He was leaning back against the frigid mineral grey rock that was in the shape of a skull, many thoughts invading his aching mind as he stared onto the alluvial chalky dirt beneath him.

It was nearly ten a.m and Cerise was sleeping in a calm state. Too calm.

Eddie stared down at his girlfriend, the faint whispers of uneasiness, climbing in his stomach. His intuition was screaming at him that Cerise was being consumed by a form of depravity, but his mind also bore the thought that it was simply the stress of running away from their issues.

However,  for what seemed to be the millionth time within the hour, Eddie attempted to get in contact with the other teens, repetitively speaking over the radio. So when he finally reached Dustin, he was relieved.

"Eddie, holy shit, are you okay?" Dustin's muffled voice rang over the radio. Eddie clenched his fist tightly, attempting to steady his drumming heartbeat, not wanting to wake Cerise. He rubbed his eyes in frustration, his metallic silver rings bruising his dirtied fingers as he curled them into fists.

"Nah, man. Pretty...pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie instinctively looked down at the sleeping girl below him and stroked his index finger on her cheek. He let out a hefty sigh of frustration, the only thing anchoring him down with sanity being Cerise.

He quickly told Dustin where he and Cerise were at and swiftly pushed down the antenna of the walkie-talkie and sighed in frustration. At that same moment, Cerise's eyes fluttered open sleepily, her strange daze still laced in her eyes. Eddie withered away his worried expression and plastered on a faux calm one.

"Oh—mornin,'" Cerise muttered, her tone of voice penetrating icier than an arctic glacier. Eddie frowned at her tone, noticing the way she instantly got up from her sleeping state and hurriedly rushed out of Eddie's embrace.

"Um, good morning?" Eddie didn't intend to contort it into a question, but he was incredibly perplexed by the way she was acting that it slipped out.

It was odd. The atmosphere Cerise conveyed, was completely strange and her typical idiosyncratic bubbly personality, was gone, nothing but a dubious aura was radiating off of the younger Harrington.

Eddie cautiously stared at her, noticing the way sweat was forming pearls on her forehead. She looked visibly anxious and she was incessantly pacing back and forth on the grainy dirt. Huffing in frustration, Cerise threw off her pastel pink coat, throwing it onto the floor as the dirt decorated the designer fabric.