10| 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ✰🎨 🎸 ࿐ྂ

"𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮."
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ˗ˏˋ ✰꒰ 📎 🍒 ꒱✰ ˎˊ- ➶ °*ೃ
════════════════════════

EDDIE MUNSON WAS PAINFULLY sobbing from the death of his lover, Cerise Harrington. Her lifeless and warped body remained in his arms, Eddie cradling her back and forth, not daring to open his eyes in an attempt to keep reality out of his aching mind.

Deep inside, Eddie knew that Cerise was gone, simply from the slipping of her once warm luling body. The frigid iciness of her skin was piercing his hot one, a clear indication of her deprived lifeless body was becoming a horrendous reality.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here as long as you need me to be. I love you, I love you," Eddie insistently muttered, his salted tears trickling against Cerise's sunken cheeks. His ring-cladded fingers were erratically shaking, gently brushing small strokes of her chapped lips with the back of his fingers.

As Eddie was too engulfed with his girlfriend in his arms, he didn't comprehend the abrupt sounds of the wooden door nearly flying off its hinges as a bloodshot-eyed Steve Harrington stumbled in the shed. He frantically surveyed his surroundings, dropping his vision to see the boy he despised the most, cradling his dead baby sister.

Steve didn't say anything at first, barely acknowledging the Munson boy's presence. His eyes were specifically trained on Cerise's body and a single tear fell down his cheeks, his mouth opened from pure aching torture.

When he heard Eddie's frantic voice over the walkie-talkie, Steve couldn't believe it, but now that his little sister; the most important person to him in the world, was lying lifeless in Eddie Munson's arms. Reality was kicking in for him.

"R-Ressie?"

Steve's shaky voice begrudgingly brought Eddie back into present time. Both of the boys did not care about their long-standing feud, the only thing that they could focus on was Cerise.

"Steve—s-she's dea—" Eddie started, but didn't get a chance to finish his sentence when Steve abruptly cut him off, waving his hands in an austere manner.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. She's not dead." Even Steve could barely convince himself.

"Look at her, Steve!" Eddie screamed, making Steve jump in his place slightly. It was a miracle that the neighbors residing near the house didn't hear the entire catastrophe. Eddie's forehead was pressed against hers and he whispered the soft words; "I'll meet you in our next life."

Steve crouched down to Eddie's level, crossing his legs so he can be near his sister. Without warning, the Harrington boy carried his sister's dead body out of Eddie's arms and placed her into his arms, her head resting on his chest.