⛓Chapter 6⛓

Kurapika walks around the mansion trying to find his new employee and his friend.

Thinking back at the situation, he cursed himself for calling a woman he just met something so inappropriate, not only was it rude but incredibly unprofessional.

Kurapika finally arrived at his destination, he saw Melody giving Y/N a tour of his study. He knocked on the already opened door catching the attention of the two girls.

"May I have a word?"Kurapika looked at Y/N emotionlessly, Melody looked between them and quickly scurried off.

"You may"She said crossing her arms, Kurapika walked towards her.

"I apologize for how I addressed you"Kurapika started. "I was merely surprised and aggravated by my friends' actions" Y/N looked him up and down.

They stayed quiet for a few moments, staring at each other intensely, Y/N started walking towards the door leaving him behind.

She stops at the doorway, places her hand on the frame and turns her head to the side to look at him.

"Too bad you have to earn my forgiveness"Y/N said, she turned around and walked away.

Kurapika shifts his jaw in annoyance.

Just what I needed to start off my day

-

The rest of the day was spent with Y/N getting to know her coworkers, she learned quite a few things about her new boss. In their words, he's hardworking, caring and generous.

"Really?"Y/N said with curiosity, leaning back into the couch.

"Well it depends on his mood that day"Melody said taking a sip of her tea, he extends his pinky finger out.

"But believe us, when you'll get to know him you'll understand what we mean"Y/N nods as she sits up and grabs ahold of her teacup.

Melody stands up and pours the boiling hot beverage into Y/N's cup as she earns a small thank you in return.

"So how is it working with the Hunter Association?"Basho asks, wanting to know more about the h/c haired girl.

"Like every other job, you get sent out on missions, hope you don't die, report, get paid, wait for another mission and repeat"She blows on the liquid and closes her eyes as she brings the steaming hot tea to her lips.

"Sounds boring"Basho comments.

"It is sometimes, but tell me, what do you do? Sit and guard this mansion all day?"Y/N opened her eyes and brought the cup into her lap.

"I guess but we all got different jobs so we do different things"Y/N nods.

"Let me take a guess, I'll be filling out paperwork all day?"Melody nods as Y/N sighs.

She was hoping for something more exciting since she was working in the mafia but low and behold it's boring like any other assistant job.

"Figures"Just as the word slipped off her tongue Kurapika and his friends entered the room.

"Miss Y/N"Gon said with excitement and sat down next to her. "Hello!" The ball of sunshine smiled up at the deadpanned girl.

"Hi"She drank from her cup.

"Are you excited to work here?!"

"The people seem interesting so I suppose so"She looked up at the smiling faces.

"It's because of me isn't it"Basho said with booming confidence, Melody roles her eyes at the man's attempt to flirt.

Y/N ignored Basho.