⛓Chapter 22⛓

While checking up on the two from time to time, Melody has realised that Kurapika has gotten a lot more comfortable around Y/N.

They have a lot more playful back and forths between each other, although they might be hurtful insults those two don't get affected and frankly don't care.

When Melody asked what they think of each other they both said coworker
or annoying coworker.

Ever since Kurapika saw how Y/N finished everything just so he wouldn't freak out in the morning touched him a bit, he realised that she was working and taking care of him in his sleep at the same time so he cut her some slack.

He realised how kind and considerate she was, cooking for the people in the mansion so they wouldn't have to always eat take out or just starve.

She's not as bad as I thought

It was now 2 days before the trip to the Mafia meeting and Neon was now amongst them.

Yesterday

Basho, Melody, Y/N and Kurapika were lined up outside the mansion as a limo drove in, then followed 2 cars.

The door to the limo opened, the driver walked out and opened the door for Neon to come out, she practically jumped out of the car as she twirled around.

"Ah, I missed home!"She took in the smell of the garden.

"Don't get too excited"Her maid came out the limo with her.

Out of the other 2 cars came maids and servants, they swarmed the mansion practically pushing past the hunters to enter the mansion.

So that's the Neon everyone's been talking about

Y/N looked her up and down, she was observing her body movements, the way she moved when she talked, the way she walked.

No wonder she needs bodyguards, she can get killed any second I decide I've had enough

"I remember you two!"Neon ran over to Melody and Kurapika as she grinned at them, "And you!"She pointed at Basho. "But I've never seen you..."Neon looked at Y/N.

Waaaahhh! She's so pretty! I need to be her friend!

Neon's maid walked up to Y/N and took her hand out to shake it.

"Hello my name's Eliza, pleasure to be working with you"Y/N took her hand.

"Y/N, The pleasure's all mine"Y/N gave a convincing smile, Neon looked between them and grabbed both of their wrists, Y/N looked at the hand that held onto her wrist as a wave of disgust rolled through her.

"Let's play!"Neon pulled the two girls inside the mansion.

Kurapika watched Y/N's face twist in horror as she was dragged inside.

"Neon likes her..?"Melody said in confusion, Neon always had a hard time accustoming to new things.

"Well, Neon is attracted to anything pretty"Melody slowly turned her head to Kurapika, a grin creeping on her face.

"Did you just..call her pretty?"It soon dawned on Kurapika about what came out of his mouth.

"It..it's a fact, am not gonna stand here and deny her beauty, that would be stupid"Kurapika speed walked past them.

He walked inside and saw Y/N running into the kitchen at full speed, Kurapika lifted an eyebrow and followed her inside.

"What's the matter?"Y/N panted as she hid behind the table.

"She wants my dress! She almost stripped me naked! She even took one of my gloves!"Kurapika held back a chuckle.

Y/N looked at him and stood up with her arms on her hips.

"Are you mocking me?"

"Of course not, why would I try to argue with someone half my size"Y/N placed a hand on his neck and stepped closer.

"Listen here you rapunzel looking fuck, am not short"She pointed with her other hand at him.

"Are you sure about that?"Kurapika took her hand off his neck and wrapped his hand around the one pointing to him.

"Miss Y/N!"Neon ran inside the kitchen, she stayed quiet for a few seconds before her eyes lit up in excitement. "Y/N and the blond are dating!"Neon yelled as their eyes widened.

"No! We're not dating!"

"You've got it all wrong!"They tried to fix the situation but Neon grinned mischievously.

Eliza walked inside the room as a smile appeared on her face.

"Come on Neon, let's let them have some alone time"Eliza softly pushed Neon out the Kitchen.

To the normal person, it did look like they were somewhat flirting, they were very close and Kurapika was holding both her hands, it's not surprising they were mistaken as a couple.

The two made eye contact then looked at their hands and pulled away from each other.

"Sorry"Y/N said.

"It's alright"Kurapika held his hand "It's time we get back to work, you won't have to cook for a long time the maids that came with Neon will take care of it"

"Okay, well I'll get going then..see ya blondie"