⛓Chapter 65⛓

It was now the next day and Y/N and Kurapika were sitting in Neon's room helping her pick out a dress for the ball, the people that knew they were going to attend the event tried to keep it secret for as long as they could but as soon as Eliza let it slip Neon was insisting on joining them.

"What about this one?"Neon spun around in a ballroom gown, this had been going on for 2 hours and they were exhausted and annoyed with the 17 year old.

"Yes"They said in sync for the 100th time.

"I'll try another one"They sighed in defeat.

They sat beside each other as Neon skipped behind the room divider and picked another dress from the rack, Y/N laid her head on Kurapika's shoulder.

"I hate this"Y/N mumbled, Kurapika didn't like the fact that Neon had to join them for this party, he wanted it to just be the two of them so it could feel like a date. It was already hard to find any time for each other so he wanted to use this as an opportunity.

"Just a few more hours"Y/N groaned.

"Zip it!"Neon screeched as Eliza squished the fabric of the dress together to try and get the zipper up.

"Am trying Miss Neon"Eliza finally got Neon into the dress, times like this were when she wished she would leave this babysitting job.

Neon came out from the room divider holding up the skirt of the dress, she spun around, smiled and posed, giving them a 360 of the gown.

"Oh my!"Y/N stood up. "You look amazing! This is the one!"Neon jumped for joy as she turned to Eliza.

"Eliza! This is the one I'll be wearing!"Eliza nodded as Neon turned back to the couple. "Thanks for the help"Eliza opened the door, Kurapika and Y/N got up and walked out of the teenager's bedroom.

"Why didn't you do that earlier?"Kurapika asked.

"It just came to mind now"Kurapika rolled his eyes, they walked across the hallway and entered his study, Kurapika sat at his desk and Y/N sat at hers, they got straight to work, not even winking an eyelash at the other, their desks were piled with documents to sign and letters to read.

"Rapunzel, when are we going to choose your suit?"Kurapika shrugged while his fingers tapped at the keyboard, not even trying to acknowledge the nickname.

"Can't I wear my normal one?"Y/N turned her head and looked at him like he was crazy. "I get it"He didn't have to look at her to know the face she was pulling. "If you're picking mine, can I pick yours?"

"Depends, will you make me look like a nun?"

"Tempered"

"I don't trust your style Mr Kurta, I feel like you're going to dress me like a grandma but if you're keen on wanting to then you have to pick the best looking one"

"And have people gawk at you? Not happening"

"I wear revealing stuff all the time and it doesn't bother you, why now? You scared people will think am a slut?"She teased.

"Don't be ridiculous, it makes me feel a type of way when people stare, I don't see people stare when am not there and I know you can defend yourself so am not bothered"Y/N chuckled.

"So what you're saying is you'll punch someone if they look at my tits?"

"Make of it what you want"He stood up and walked over to her desk, he sat down on the table and looked down at her. "I have a question by the way, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to"He took her pen out of her hand.

"Go on"

"How do you know about your nephew and how does your nephew know about you? I know your family abandoned you and you told us the summary but I still don't get it, you never mentioned your sister back when you came back from the Hunter Exams"

"Well, when I was 15 my sister found out that I existed and came looking for me, she found a man that had a brother that worked for the association so they put up a search for me but there was no picture so it was just my name and eventually it reached me through Palm. She told me that some girl was searching for me, back then I didn't believe it and went to go see just to humiliate her but when we met up I kept my mouth shut because she resembled me. Even Palm was surprised when she saw her"Y/N cracked a smile.

"So did you guys keep meeting up after that?"She nodded.

"We met up again and she told me how it all happened, I was shocked but happy, I finally had a bit of closure after so many years, after that we would meet up now and then when our schedules weren't getting in the way"

"Did you ever speak with your parents?"

"No, they weren't invited to anything that she organised, mainly because they didn't want to, they felt betrayed that she left Meteor City and made a whole new life but even if I did have the opportunity to meet them, I wouldn't want to...and yeah, that's how it happened"

"It's very brave of you to tell me this, I'm glad you trust me"Kurapika grabbed her hands.

"Anyway, come on let's go pick your suit, I'm not having you wear that old thing when standing next to me"She stood up.

"What are you going to do about your nephew?"

"I'll let him stay with the chairman, they can have their little catch up"