⛓Chapter 16⛓

Y/N decided it was time for her to have some food too, after all, she was starving and having to baby Kurapika exhausted her a lot more then she thought.

She entered the Kitchen and saw Melody instructing Basho on how to wash dishes.

"You're doing it all wrong"

"Sorry! I want to impress her alright?!"Y/N decided that maybe she should not question this conversation.

She grabs a bowl from the cabinet and plates herself the meal she made, she puts it inside the microwave and looks back at the two hunters by the sink.

"Look the soap is all gone now, add more to the sponge"

"My hands are wrinkling, I think I might die from this!"Melody sweatdrops.

"Oh Y/N! you're back"The microwave rings as she takes out the bowl and grabs a spoon and sits down by the table. "What's Kurapika doing right now?"

"Sleeping"Y/N blows on the spoon and slides it into her mouth as bursts of flavour travel through her mouth. "This is delicious"She mumbles and starts eating quicker.

"Wait sleeping? You got him to sleep?"Melody looked at her in shock, Y/N nods.

"His body was so tired that it completely shut down as soon as he hit the bed"

"That bad..."

"Y/N do you want me to take you home?"Basho asked, giving up on the dishes as he wipes his hands on his clothes.

Y/N shakes her head.

"You're going to keep working?"Melody furrowed her eyebrows, Y/N nodded.

"And to make sure he stays asleep, I'll try to finish as much work as I can so he won't go crazy about not doing it"Y/N takes the last bite before taking the bowl over to the sink.

"That's...very kind of you"

"This never happened by the way, you are to never mention this ever again"Y/N turns around to give them a look before turning on the tap to do the dishes.

"See you tomorrow beautiful"Basho exits the kitchen.

"Do you need help?"Melody stands next to her but Y/N shakes her head.

"You go ahead and rest, I'll take care of everything else"

"If you say so, good night"Melody waves as she leaves.

"Night"Y/N continues cleaning the dishes.

Y/N grabs a bowl and fills it with cold water and a hand towel, she runs upstairs and opens the door to Kurapika's room. He was stirring in his sleep while panting, she turns on the lights and sets the bowl and towel on his nightstand.

She takes a seat on the bed, grasps the towel and soaks it into the water, she squeezes out the excess and folds it.

Y/N moves his bangs back slowly and places it on his forehead as Kurapika started to calm down, his breathing slowly returning to normal.

She wipes the water from the towel on her dress and takes a moment to admire him.

His blond hair that perfectly framed his face, those eyes that she had a hard time looking away from, everything about him was picture perfect, it was like he was sculpted by the gods themselves.

Y/N would be lying if she said he wasn't the most attractive man she's ever set her eyes on.

Talking about eyes, that's the one thing that intrigued her the most, they were so mysterious and alluring, it's like they were calling her to come closer.

He actually looks kinda cute while sleeping

She places her hand on his cheek, his skin as soft as silk, she rubbed her thumb on his cheek as he slowly leans into it almost like a cat, this brought a smile to her face.

Maybe he's not so bad when he's sleeping

"Aww"She whispers, she then remembered that she had a lot of work to do.

She removed her hand and stood up, she told herself she'll come back every 30 minutes to check in on his temperature.

As she entered the study she almost shit herself at the work on both hers and his desks, it almost made her want to cry.

She decided to do all the computer work first, she grabbed the laptop from her desk and placed it on his desk.

2 hours later

Y/N had finally finished both of their work online, she stood up from the chair and stretched.

I deserve a break

She walks out of the study but stops as her gut tells her that she forgot something.

What did I forget?

Suddenly she remembers Kurapika and runs over to his room.

Y/N switches on the lights and runs over to him, she takes off the towel and puts her hand on his cheek.

The fever had thankfully started to leave him, she sighs in relief and again reapplied his towel.

I swear I almost gave myself a heart attack

She leaves and goes to take some water upstairs for herself, she enters the study and gets mentally ready for what she's about to do.

Y/N takes the stacks of paperwork from her desk and places them on Kurapika's, this time Y/N was thinking about not doing it.

Maybe I can do it tomorrow, I'll wake up really early and do it...who am I kidding, I don't even wake up early for missions.

Y/N sits herself down and one by one starts filling paperwork after paperwork, she was thankful he made her memorise his signature.