⛓Chapter 23⛓

Y/N was sitting on Neon's bed, she covered her mouth as she yawned, Neon was getting her dress fitted for the trip that was happening in 2 days and was persistent on Y/N being there to see the dress.

"What do you think Miss Y/N?"Neon twirled in the dress as the tailor groaned at the now loosened stitches.

"As a start, stop moving, second..it's nice?"Neon grinned as she ran up to Y/N and hugged her.

Y/N grit her teeth at the girl, she was very touchy, more touchy than Gon, Eliza giggles at the two.

"You two look like polar opposites"Eliza giggled again.

Y/N was once again in her black dress, black shoes, dark makeup and black nails while Neon was full of colour.

"It's because Miss Y/N is emo"Neon said as Y/N pushed her off and tsked.

"Quite the opposite, black is a professional colour which is why I wear it to work"Neon rolled her eyes.

"You know we are really close in age!"Y/N lifted up an eyebrow.

"You can't be serious"She looks at Eliza "She can't be serious"

"Am turning 18 soon! And I thiiiink you're 20 so we're very close in age"

"You added an extra year doll"Y/N's phone starts ringing, she takes the phone and walks out without informing the two.

"Y/N! How's it been at work?"Palm says with excitement.

"Terrible, that kid is stuck on me, what's worse is that she's a year younger than me"

"Oh, how frustrating"

"Tell me about it, how's the Association?"

"I know as much as you do, we'll both find out in 2 days"

"Can't wait, I'll finally get a break from this nightmare"

"I still can't believe you have to work every day"

"So how's Knov?"

"Oh! He's absolutely amazing! We were training yesterday! You should have been there but you're stupid job.."Palm pouted as her voice lowered "How's your boss?"

"The blondie? A thorn in my ass"

"How come?"

"I keep getting myself into situations where it looks like something happened between us, like a few hours ago he was holding my hands and that stupid kid came in and screamed 'Miss Y/N and the blond are datttiinng' not only that, she tried to steal my dress!"

Y/N kept talking not realising Kurapika had opened the bathroom room and was hearing in on her conversation.

"Wait wait, let's backtrack a bit Y/N, he was holding your hands?"

"Yeah"

"Are you hearing yourself? Why was he holding your hands?"

"I was choking him and he took my hand off and then that blue haired kid came and got the wrong idea"

"Surrreee, you two are getting close ever since you saved him from his fever"Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Not close, just not as harsh"

"What do you think of him?"

"Well, his best friend beats him in personality, tallness, kindness, communication skills and probably athletics but then again he did pick me up and showed no struggle so I don't know"

"It's always the best friend"

"Exactly but when it comes to looks, oof! no explanations needed, no competition no nothing! He beats him by a 1,000%"

"He's not that cute, Knov-sama on the other end"Palm squealed at the image of Knov inside her head.

"I guess but blondie is best looking in my eyes, he's the most finest man I've ever laid my eyes on"

A small smile creeps on Kurapika's lips but he quickly disposed of it as he peeks his head out the door to look at Y/N.

"A crush on him? Ha! It's gonna take more than looks to get me to like that bastard, he's too uptight, he's probably never felt the touch of a real woman"

"That would explain a lot"

"The way he talked to me on the first day here, bitch he was lucky I didn't give him an uppercut but anyway, I've got to dash, see ya in 2 days, say hi to Knov for me"

"Back off, bye"

Y/N ended the call and opened the door to Neon's door and walked inside, Kurapika watched as she left. With a now shitty mood from Y/N bad mouthing him he walked back to his study.