⛓Chapter 55⛓

It has now been a few months since the last mission to retrieve The Scarlet Eyes, Y/N had gotten a promotion and was working harder than ever.

When she had finally convinced Kurapika that the same thing won't happen ever again he gave her the task of keeping track of any sightings or rumours of his clan's eyes while he and Melody stayed on the Phantom Troupe route.

They barely had time to hang out or make jokes with each other, Y/N was constantly scouting out any place that said had the eyes while also keeping her control on Hiroshi.

Kurapika was always cooped up in his study, looking for any signs of the Phantom Troupe and attending parties that they could be at.

They were both exhausted but never the less pushed through.

Kurapika was sorta relieved that he had Y/N working alongside him, she had gained his trust and it felt good to not have so much work on him but then again, the worry of her not tracking them down properly always lingered at the back of his head.

Right now Y/N was very far from York New, she set off to get 3 pairs of eyes that were rumoured to be auctioned for charity.

Damn, am hungry

Y/N was at the auction, she wore a purple wig with fake glasses and a short pink dress with pink heels.

"We will now start!"A man in a black suit pulled a gun out of his pocket and shot the ceiling. "First up, the majestic feathers of-"

Y/N found the free buffet and started to eat as quickly as she could, she needed to focus on the auction but she couldn't when her stomach was giving out strange sounds for the people around her to hear.

"They're supposed to be here right?"Y/N somehow recognised that voice, she turned her head and saw Bonolenov on the phone in the far corner of the room.

She almost choked on her food, she swallowed whatever was in her mouth and scurried to find her phone.

Y/N called Kurapika but once again he doesn't answer, she cursed under her breath and called Melody.

"Y/N? What's wrong?"

"Pass the phone to Blondie, quick"In a split second the sound of chatter was heard, she must have been in the room with him.

"How may I help you L/N?"

"Pick up your phone you idiot! I have an emergency!"Y/N whisper-yelled while stealing glances at the Phantom Troupe member.

"Am listening"

"One of the troupe members is here, what should I do? I was thinking of taking him to you but I have to keep an eye on the auction here"Heavy breathing was heard on the other side of the phone.

Fucking weirdo

"I'll be right there, stay put"And he hung up.

Y/N looked at Bonolenov to see him staring at her, out of panic she winked at him and looked back at the stage.

I swear if he thinks am suspicious 😭

"Next up! Scarlet Eyes! We have 3 so let's start the betting"

"2,000,000!"

"5,000,000!"

"8,000,000!""

"26,000,000!"

"160,000,000"After that it got quiet.

"200,000,000!"Y/N yelled, Bonolenov looked at her with anger.

"400,000,000"He said while staring at her.

This is going to cause such a dent in my bank account

"1,000,000,000!"Y/N yelled, Bonolenov stood down and she sighed in relief.

She could practically see the money from her bank account disappearing.

"We have a winner!"The host yelled in excitement.

The crowd started whispering while turning to Y/N in amazement, people started to come up to her, wanting to become friends for the wealth they think she has.

Y/N bowed and excused herself from the crowd, Bonolenov following behind.

"Why are you following me?"Y/N asked.

"Why not?"He shrugged. "I saw you wink at me, what are you trying to hide?"Y/N stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"Mind your business will you?"She scoffed and went back to walking.

Y/N saw a silver head at the door, her phone started ringing.

"Where are you?"Kurapika asked.

"In front of you"Kurapika made eye contact, he looked at the phone that was on her ear and hung up.

They walked towards each other and hugged briefly to seem friendly to everyone.

"Where is he?"Kurapika whispered, Y/N signalled to the left with her eyes, Kurapika looked at Bonolenov who winked at him.

Y/N pressed her lips together and held back a laugh.

"He..t-thinks you're a...girl"Y/N said attempting to sound normal.

"This isn't a laughing matter"He gave her a serious look, Y/N nodded.

After Y/N calmed down, they moved to a more secluded area in the hall.

"So, what's the plan?"

"I'll lead on the spider and chain him and you take the eyes back to the estate"Kurapika said, they leaned against the wall with their shoulders touching.

"Understood"

-

The auction has now ended and Y/N and Kurapika split up to fulfil their part of the operation.

Y/N jogged over to the back of the stage, she had a short conversation with the host, while servants packaged the Scarlet Eyes.

Once they loaded it into her car, she drove off.

Y/N and Kurapika knew that Bonolenov would probably follow her and try to take them from her so Kurapika got to Bonolenov as soon as the auction ended.

She prayed that he wouldn't get seriously injured, she had no worries about him losing, once he explained his nen to her a few months back it was written in stone that he would get his revenge. Then again he can heal himself but she couldn't help but worry, it was natural.

Y/N looked in her viewfinder and saw a lot of cars following her, taking every turn she took.

For fucks sake

Y/N looked at the eyes that sat on the passenger side, she bit her thumb and covered the eyes in her nen, then took more blood and shaped it into the package they were in, she threw her blood creation out the window and saw the cars swerve and crash into each other, getting out their cars to see who could get to them first.

She took the first chance she had and drove like a madman, driving off the road and into the forest for a shortcut to York New.