⛓Chapter 51⛓

Haru wasn't aware of the sound behind the door, her body hitting the floor was masked by the sound of the front doors opening and Neon's screams.

"I WANTED TO STAY! THAT'S NOT FAIR!"Neon's tantrum was worse than usual.

"Miss Neon, you've been yelling for 15 minutes straight, please stop or else you'll strain your voice"Melody tried her best to persuade the 18 year old.

"No!"Neon angrily pouted.

Kurapika tried his best to ignore Neon throughout their way back, although it was almost too loud to ignore, there were only two things on his mind.

If the eyes got successfully transported.

And if Y/N had any trouble.

He excused himself and went up to his room, he hoped that they were both safe and sound in his room, waiting for him.

Once he got up the staircase he saw Haru standing outside his study with his ear to the door.

"May I help you?"Kurapika asked.

"Ah! Sir!"Haru immediately straightened up. "Y/N-san is in there, she hasn't come out yet"Kurapika glanced at the door.

"Alright, you're dismissed, I can take care of the rest"

"But she had thi-"

"I know"Haru blinked, he nodded and walked away without a second word, not wanting to argue with his boss.

Kurapika opened the door, his eyes widened in horror and his hands shook in shock. It seemed like it was out of a nightmare.

His heart dropped to his stomach and his throat ran dry.

It almost didn't seem real, like reality was playing a horrible trick on him.

On his desk stood multiple containers of the infamous Kurta eyes, they were the only light source in the room, highlighting the bloody woman passed out on the floor.

They shined down on her body, it was like they were staring her down as she passed on to the next life.

Y/N looked dead, her face was smothered in her own blood but the spots that were safe from it were pale, making her skin look sickly.

New worries rushed to Kurapika's head, his breath quickened and his heart pounded against his chest, it was the same feeling he had when he saw his clan's massacre.

Guilt.

Frustration.

Sadness.

Anger.

Fear.

No!

Kurapika harshly shut the door and ran over to her sleeping body, he kneeled down and held her in his arms.

"L/N! L/N! Wake up!"His hand rested on her cheek.

With his heartbeat in his ears, his adrenaline skyrocketed as he rocked her body to wake up. When he got no reaction back, he felt himself become more terrified by the second.