Ch. 2: Table Side Manner

Luz walked into the dining room and washed her hands. The twins popped up behind her.

"Hi, Kitten." They said.

"Make anything cool today?" Emira asked.

Edric and Emira, oldest and troublemakers of the family, but they always volunteered to test Luz's weapons and armor because they found them so cool. Also they found the more destructive ones the most fun to test. The had more genes from Odalia than anyone else, with their dark green hair and blue eyes.

 The had more genes from Odalia than anyone else, with their dark green hair and blue eyes

"Maybe

"Maybe. But you'll have to wait until after dinner to see it." Luz said to them.

"Aww, come on, Luz!" Edric whined.

"You know my rules. No using my weapons without my permission, no going into my workshop without permission, no using the weapons in the house-"

"Yeah, ok, we get it." Edric said.

"Ugh. You sound just like mom and Mami sometimes." Emira whined.

"I, for one, think it's good she has rules for her workshop." Skara said as she walked up to them. "Remember what happened the last time you two used one of her weapons without permission?"

"We said we were sorry, and we bought you a new guitar." Emira said.

"It still doesn't make up for it. It took me hours to tune that guitar just right!" Skara said with a pout.

"You know, the offer still stands. I can make you-"

"Luz, for the last time, I do NOT want you to make me a weaponize guitar. You already make magic weapons by using those ancient glyphs but I draw the line at instruments." Skara said, cutting her sister off.

"Eh, it's your loss. Amity seems pretty happy with that abomination gauntlet I made her." Luz said with her arms crossed.

"So, Luz, any of your secret projects done yet?" Emira asked.

It was no secret that Luz has projects that no one knew about, which... is kind of ironic when it comes to it being a secret.

"Like I tell you all the time... I'm not telling."

The siblings groaned or shook their heads as they headed towards the dinner table, where Amity was helping by bringing the food in from the kitchen. Amity was the only child that Eda gave birth to, While the twins came from Odalia and Skara and Luz came from Camila, which means she tends to look more like her, taking Eda's bright orange hair and gold eyes.

 Amity was the only child that Eda gave birth to, While the twins came from Odalia and Skara and Luz came from Camila, which means she tends to look more like her, taking Eda's bright orange hair and gold eyes

"Hope everyone is hungry."

"After the work in my shop, you bet I am sis." Luz said with a nod, rubbing her hands together. "What are we having?"

"Mami's special." Amity said, "Roasted Giant Newt with Nini's special sauce."

Everyone could hear Luz's stomach roar as she blushed, all of them turning to her as they knew this was Luz's favorite.

"Come on, Kitten, let's eat." Edric said.

"Try not to get too much to eat, Luz." Emira said, patting her head. "You get a bit out of control when mami and nini make your favorite."

"That was one time, Em. And you know it." Luz said with a tiny blush.

"Well, we don't want you to get sick again, you're the baby of the family, our job is to look out for you."

"I was born a week after Amity!" Luz said.

"Yes, and that's 7 whole days that make her older than you, Kitten." Emira said as she patted Luz's head.

"She's does have you there, Luz." Skara said, even though she was the shortest of her siblings she was still older than Luz.

The sibling order was simple: Emira, Edric, Skara, Amity, and Luz.

"Guys, leave her alone." Amity said.

Amity and Luz always got along better than the rest of the siblings, probably because they both like the same things. From movies to books, everything.

"Oh, come on, Amity we're just teasing. We love Luz." Skara said.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, Am." Luz said, "Want to read Azura later?"

"Sure. Volume 5 came in the mail today. I've been waiting to crack it open since the last one." Amity said with a smile.

"They came in today?! Why didn't you tell me earlier!?" Luz asked, shaking her sister by the shoulders!

"You were in your workshop. And we know it's best not to barge in when you're working." Amity said to her sister.

"Yeah, I still have the scar from your fire dagger." Emira said.

"That was an accident! And at least know I KNOW to be careful with a fire glyph in my workshop." Luz said to them.

"Rule number one, no talking about weapon at the table." Raine said as they and the mothers came into the dining room with the rest of the food and pitchers of drinks.

"So, how has everyone's day been?" Camila asked.

"Good." Ed and Em said.

"Fine. Though there was almost an incident when someone's abomination almost lost control." Amity said.

"I hope no one was hurt." Odalia said.

"It was stopped before anyone got injured." Amity said.

"That's good." Camilia said with relief.

"We had a surprise potion making test in Potion's class but I think I did well." Luz said, taking a large portion of the Roasted Giant Newt.

"I'm still surprised you chose the potion's track to enroll in over construction. I thought you would chose the latter since you're so skilled in that forge of yours." Eda said.

"Well... the Potion Track doesn't require magic." Luz said, "The construction Track does."

"Oh...right. But not all construction requires magic. I've told you about the human world and how they don't have magic. They've built HUGE places without magic!" Eda said, trying to move out of the sore spot she unintentionally poked.

"Yeah, well, this is the Demon Realm." Luz said.

"So what? If they could do that there, you could do something as amazing as that here! Your weapons and workshop as proof of that." Amity said, trying to cheer up her sister.

Luz put her fork down.

"I'm going to be in my workshop."

Luz got up and walked to her workshop.