Ch. 16: Who's to Blame?

The next morning, the family noticed that Luz didn't come down for breakfast.

"Where is Luz?" Odalia said.

"I checked her workshop. She's not there." Eda said.

"She doesn't have her scroll, because she's not answering." Camila said.

"I'm going to go check her room." Amity said.

Amity went up and knocked on the door.

"Luz? Are you awake?"

Amity opened the door and saw the bed was empty, not just of Luz, but of her sheets too. Said sheets are tied to the frame and leading out the window.

"No." Amity said in shock, rushing back downstairs in a panic! "LUZ IS GONE!"

"Gone, what do you mean gone!?" Raine said.

"She ran away! Her used her sheets to climb out the window!" Amity said.

"Oh my... Everyone, split up!" Camila said, "Go look for her!"

Everyone rushed from the dining room and out of the Manor to find Luz! Amity was the most worried, she ran into the woods, thinking that Luz would head towards Lilith's house.

"Luz! Luz, can you hear me!?"

She looked everywhere for her, low and high to find any trance of her! Her search stopped when she saw a dragging line in the ground, making her stop and examine it.

"Could this be it?" Amity asked as she quickly followed the drag before coming upon a hole with Luz at the bottom! "Luz!"

Her sister only groaned as the cut on her head had dried shut with a small trail of blood and her arm was still broken. Amity acted fast and summoned abomination muck to make a tendril and pulled Luz out of the hole. Amity held Luz in her arms.

"Oh Titan. Luz can you hear me!?"

Luz groaned and opened her eyes a little bit.

"Mittens?"

"Don't worry Luz, I'll get you back home." Amity said, picking Luz up and heading back to the mansion as fast as possible.

She ran into the front door.

"Mom! Mami! Mama! Nini!" Amity yelled as she got inside.

They came to the front and saw Luz in Amity's arms.

"Oh my Titan! Where was she?!" Camila asked, very worried for Luz.

"I found her in a path to Aunt Lilith's house, but she must've tripped! I found her in a deep hole, she must've been there all night!" Amity said as Camila gently took Luz into her arms.

"Ugh." Luz groaned, possibly from her broken arm or potential wooziness from blood lose.

"Odalia, Eda, come with me to the Healer Center! Raine, you stay here and watch the kids!" Camila said.

"Wait, I'm going too." Amity said, "That's my sister and my best friend, I won't leave her side."

"Fine, then follow us." Eda said.

They walked out of the door, trying not to hurt Luz anymore. Amity turned around and glared at her older siblings before walking out the door. The three older siblings flinched from Amity's glare before looking away in guilt, it was just as Amity warned them last night. Luz heard them and this was the outcome of it, spending the night in a hole with a broken arm and a cut on her head. Raine seemed to notice Amity's glare and their guilty expressions, something they planned to ask immediately. The door closed and Raine turned to face them.