Ch. 9: We're Going to the Zoo

Luz hands the attendant the tickets and they walked in. Boscha picked up a map of the zoo and looked it over as they came to the first intersection.

"Human animals have weird names." Boscha said.

"Really? What do they call them?" Willow asked as she looked at the map as well.

"Listen to these weird names. Gorillas, zebra, sloths, elephants. Who comes up with these names?" Boscha asked with a chuckle.

"Wait until you see some of them." Luz said.

'Especially the ones tall and spotted.' She thought.

"A lot of people seem to be here." Amity commented.

"I guess the zoo is pretty popular. I think the Beast Keeping Coven would like this place too." Willow said.

"Why don't we have a zoo?" Boscha asked.

"Maybe because most of the animals in the demon realm are too deadly?" Luz said in a low voice.

"She does have a point. It would take a squad of witches to try and catch something like a Slitherbeast." Amity said.

"My amazing girlfriend could do it. She's better than anyone with her weapons." Boscha said.

Luz felt pride, hugging her girlfriend close but felt a bit bad knowing what would most likely scare them.

"Well, let's start with...the 'North America' zone." Willow said, "Did I say that right?"

"Yes, you did Willow." Luz said as she lead them through the zoo.

For the next few hours, the group had learned about the animals the earth had to offer and about some the environments they lived in. Boscha had an unhealthy addiction to every venomous snake there was, mainly the King Cobra. Willow found fruit bats to be adorable. Amity found the Lion to be a majestic, especially the male they had here because it was a rare white lion. Luz smirked; they were almost at the demon.

'Looks like they found their, what do humans call them? Spirit animals, yeah.' Luz thought with a nod.

"Well, we're almost done, just a few animals left." Luz said.

The group continued through the zoo, stopping for snacks and drinks in souvenir cups, until they reached the Africa section of the zoo where the animals had the most unique appearances. Zebra, to them were small horses with black and white strips; elephants, large beasts with sharp looking tusks; Hyena, black spotted cats that somehow laugh.

"These animals were so interesting." Boscha said.

"Let's go up here." Luz said, covering the sign with her body.

'Why is she covering that sign?' Amity thought but went up to the next section anyway.

When they went up, Luz walked with them, uncovering the sign that said "Giraffe".

"Why is this one so high up?" Willow asked.

"I think it's an animal that flies, like a rare bird." Luz said to them.

They got to the top and looked out. Amity felt herself freeze, Willow gasped loudly, and Boscha felt her knees become week. At least Luz could comfort Boscha and whisper to help calm her down.

"It's alright, they're not like the legends say anymore." Luz whispered as she hugged Boscha from behind.

"Nope, not doing this." Amity said.

Standing before them, in a large fence and a deep habitat, was a giraffe!

"Come on, Mittens, I want a picture for our parents." Luz said.