Ch. 23: It Begins

Over the next few weeks, Amity refused to stay more than three feet from Luz. They were currently at the Healers, with Camila, getting Luz's cast off... and seeing if she can use her arm again.

"Alright, that should do it." The healer said as they removed the cast pieces and freed Luz's arm. "Your arm should be completely healed. Try to move it around a bit."

Luz did so, Amity and Camila were nervous that she wouldn't be able to use her arm anymore. She lifted her arm slowly and held her hand close to her face, slowly clenching and unclenching it before rolling her shoulder to pop it a bit after so long without moving it.

"How does it feel?" The healer asked.

"It feels a little stiff but aside from that, it feels fine." Luz said with a smile.

Amity and Camila let out a sigh of relief.

"Great. Though it will be a bit weaker than your other arm for a while, plenty of motion should fix that. But don't push yourself and if you need them, place healing glyph on your forearm to help if it's gets rigid." The healer said.

Luz nodded.

"Thank you, healer." Amity said as she hugged her sister, glad she was alright.

"You're welcome, Amity. Just doing my job as a healer." They said before looking to Camila. "Is there anything else I can help with?"

"The scar on her head, will that be there permanently, or will it fade?" Camila asked.

"Well... it seems that will always be visible, but never assume it won't fade over time."

"Okay." Camila said as Luz got up from the exam table.

"Come on girls, it's time to go home."

"Okay, mami." The girls said as Camila paid the medical bill.

She may have been in the coven, but she still paid for treatment out of respect.

"Luz, Amity, I want you to actually talk to your siblings." Camila said, "I want you to work this out."

"But-"

"No, this has been going on for weeks, I am not having my family divided." Camila said, "I don't care what happens, all I care about is that you're all back to loving each other again by the end of the day."

"The end of the day?" They said in surprise!

"Yes, the end of the day. No questions or excuses. Understood?" Camila said with a stern glare, showing her authority as the head of the family.

"Yes, Mami!" They both said in fear!

"Good, and while you do that, your mom and I will make cookies." Camila said, getting in the carriage

It really scared and amazed them how their Mami could go from intimidating to loving in a simple wave of the hand. It filled their minds as they flew back home to do as she told them, even if they had to be locked in a room to do so.

They landed and walked inside.

"Okay, girls, remember what I said."

"Yes, Mami. I promise, we'll work this out Emira, Edric, and Skara." Amity said to Camila.

"Good." Camila said with a nod.

"Now go speak with them."

Luz and Amity headed into the mansion to find their siblings so they could put this whole incident to rest. Even if Amity didn't want to, even she could tell it was going on too long. Meanwhile, Camila was in the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of Apple Blood.

"Damn, you haven't touched a bottle since our Honeymoon." Eda said.

"It's been a long couple weeks." Camila said.

Camila poured herself a glass as Eda came over to get some herself.

"So, why the sudden return to the bottle?" Eda asked.

"Amity and Luz are finally going to work things out with Emira, Edric, and Skara." Camila said as she handled the bottle to Eda.

"I see." Eda drank nearly half the bottle, "So should I call the contractor?"

"I have him on speed scroll but I won't call until I know for sure." Camila said as she drank half her glass in one go.

"Ah, there's the old drunk I fell in love with." Eda said, "You're a little rusty, you used to drink the whole glass in one go."

"I'm trying to make it last and to not be too drunk right now. I'm going to be making cookies." Camila said as she put the glass down and began to make the cookies.

"And I'll help." Eda said.

As the two wifes got to work in the cookies, Luz and Amity had called their older siblings to Amity's room for a talk. They didn't know what it was, but they hoped it was to finally forgive them.

"Now, Mami wants us to try and work this out." Amity said.

"Really?" Skara asked with hope.

"Yes, she does." Amity said, still not happy about this.

"Finally!" Edric said, standing up with his fists in the air.

"Sit your ass down." Amity said, "Just because she wants us to, doesn't mean everything is going to go back to normal."

"Okay, okay." Edric said as he put his hands down and sat down.

"We know things won't go back to the way things were and that's fine. We want things to be better than before." Emira said with a serious look.

"Then let's start this."

Outside, unknown to the rest of the family, a robot army was making their way up the hill.

'The time is nigh.' Kikimora thought with a wide smile under her cloak.

"Fire!" She said.