Ch. 13: Gaming Fun

Luz went to her workshop to put her weapons away. She caught sight of the invisibility armor arm, picking it up and inspecting it.

"We didn't get to test this, did we?" Luz said to herself, putting it on her right arm.

Luz pressed the glyph and waited to see. She felt the magic go through her as her arm disappeared.

"It works.....it works! Amity was right, the metal was what made it impossible to work!" Luz said with excitement as she waved her invisible arm around, unable to see it but knows where it was, "I need to order more."

Going to her notebook, Luz wrote down an important note to order more cobble metal immediately and to thank Amity for telling her she was using the wrong metal all along.

'Maybe I could ask my siblings for more help later. Not just helping me test my weapons.' Luz thought as she finished her note.

In the meantime, she was going to go play her Xbox one. Eda recently got her a game called Grand Theft Auto V, and she was dying to try it. Out of all of her siblings, Luz had the most human items in her room and found it all rather interesting to have. She could figure them out pretty good on her own, but Eda did manage to help every now and then. Luz grabbed the case and smiled as she removed the plastic disk.

"Oh, this will be fun."

Turning on her Xbox one and putting the game in, Luz went to sit on her bed as the gam system loaded up. She watched the game start. She was about to begin when there was a knock on the door.

"Luz? Are you in there?" Amity asked.

"Oh yeah. Come on in." Luz said to her sister as she opened the door.

"Oh, geez." Amity said, "You know you should be 17 before you play that game, right?"

"That applies to humans, witches are a different story." Luz said to her, beginning the game. "So, you here to play or you need to talk?"

"Well, I guess I was just a little lonely." Amity said, "Do you mind if I watch you play?"

"If you want, sure. Though you might not be able to handle it." Luz said to her.

"Please, I can handle it." Amity said, sitting next to Luz with her arms crossed.

Luz barely got halfway through the prologue before Amity learned that she isn't a fan of GTA.

"This game is atrocious." Amity said blankly.

"What's so bad about it?" Luz asked her, keeping her eyes on the game.

"Do you want one reason or a whole list?" Amity asked her.

"I doubt you have a whole list, I've been playing for three minutes."

"Wanna bet?" Amity asked her.

Luz paused the game.

"Amity, you see all the inappropriate things in games I play. Remember last time?"

"I was a very violent game."

"It was Minecraft."

"Your point?" Amity asked.

"Minecraft is a foraging, gathering, and building game; basically no point and it lets your imagination run free. How is that violent aside from the monsters you stumble upon." Luz said to her.

Amity pouted.

"Or is it because of the witch in the game?" Luz asked.

"That witch was a stereotype and you know it, I don't know how you could play it after that." Amity said.

"Because it's just a game." Luz said, "Also I just got full Netherite Armor."

"I can't tell if that's from that game or not." Amity said.

"It's from the game." Luz said, "You really need to learn not to take things personally."

"Then pick a game that's not so ridiculous." Amity commented.

"It's my system, I can pick whichever game I want to play." Luz said back.

"You didn't have a problem with Call of Duty." Luz mumbled.

"That's because I dominated!" Amity said.

"So, it's an okay game if you get to kill people?" Luz asked her.

"Don't twist my words around." Amity said, trying to save face.

"Yet you don't deny it. And I can prove it." Luz said, quickly saving her game and moving to get another. "We're going to play a fighting game together and you are going to make a hypocrite of yourself."

"O-o-oh, you know, I think Mami is calling me."

Amity started to get up before Luz reached out, grabbed her shirt, and pulled her down.

"Stay." Luz said firmly.

She shoved a controller into Amity's hands.

"I hate this already." Amity said.

"You say that now but wait until we begin." Luz said as she put in a new game, Injustice 2: Legendary Edition.

"Now let's pick our characters."

Luz went through the characters and picked her favorite one, Cheetah, while Amity picked her favorite, Supergirl.

"You ready, Mittens?"

"To wipe the floor with you? Always."

'Hypocrite.' Luz thought with a smirk as they begun the game.

Just like she said, in a fighting game like this, Amity thrives in this and enjoys the fighting very much! The two played a total of four fights, which Amity won each of.

"Having fun now?" Luz aske, smirking.

Amity shoved her.

"Shut it."

Luz laughed at her sister as they moved on to another round of Injustice. Eventually, Luz decided to call in her other siblings to play since playing/losing to Amity was getting old.

"Emira, Edric, Skara! Get in here!"

Hearing their younger sister calling for them, the four siblings came into the room to see Luz and Amity facing off in Injustice 2.

"Luz, did you call us in just to-" Emira was cut off.

"Play video games and bond? Yes, I did. Plus, Amity is being a hypocrite because apparently, all video games are violent unless she dominates in it." Luz said, not taking her eyes off the game.

"Fine, I'm a hypocrite! Hex me!" Amity said as she continued to dominate with Supergirl.

"I feel like she will, one day." Skara said.

"And you are a sore loser when we actually do beat you in a game, mittens." Edric said.

"I am no-"

"Yes, you are!" The four screamed at her.

"It's true dear!" Odalia said from downstairs.

"You're like Camilia when she's mad!" Eda said from downstairs as well.

"It's very concerning, Mittens!" Raine said next!

"OKAY, FOR TITAN'S SAKE! I GET IT!" Amity shouted right as she beat Luz again!

"So, seeing as nothing is broken, I'm assuming that Mittens is winning." Skara said.

"Yep, and I need a break. So who's next?" Luz asked as she held up her controller.

The three oldest siblings looked at each other and back at the controller before Emira took it and sat down.

"I'm going to win, no matter how much Mittens will melt down." Emira vowed.

"Good luck with that, I'm going to get a drink." Luz said, walking to her room door.