Ch. 11: Forging and Visiting

Later, Luz walked into her workshop where she saw Amity.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"You helped me, so I'm going to help you." Amity said.

This confused Luz as she stared at her sister for a few moments.

"Not that this isn't..... a helpful offer but WHY are you helping me and with what?" Luz asked her.

"You got me and Willow together, regardless if it was on accident. So, I'm going to help you make your invisibility armor."

"Really? You'll help me with it?" Luz asked.

"Of course. You said you needed to test it to make sure SOMEONE turns completely invisible, not just the armor. You can have me test any prototypes you make." Amity said, gesturing to herself.

"Okay, let's get to work." Luz said, tossing gloves, an apron, and goggles at Amity, "Put those on."

Nodding to Luz, Amity put on the apron, goggles, and gloves as the little sister pulled out what she already had on the armor.

"This is the only thing I have at the moment, a single arm." Luz said as she presented it to Amity.

Amity took it and looked it over as Luz got her safety gear on. Amity noticed a problem.

"This metal is magic immune; wouldn't that mean that it would prevent the glyph from working to its full potential?"

Luz dropped her pencil and notebook. She hadn't thought about that.

'I was so busy in making the armor, I didn't check it to see if it was anti metal or magic immune metal I was using.' Luz thought as she slapped her forehead VERY hard.

"Titan Damn it, I'm an idiot." Luz mumbled to herself.

"No you're not, you are the smartest person on the Isles." Amity said, "What if... we use cobble metal? It's lightweight, strong, and it's resistant to magic but can still allow the glyph to work."

"Hmm, cobble metal? That could work." Luz said as she began taking notes about this new metal. "If we have enough of it now, we could have a new limb before the day's end."

"I guess you will have another use for this, Mittens. My forge doesn't burn hot enough to melt cobble metal, which is why I don't use it, but your fire spell is the perfect temperature." Luz said, "Now, let's go to my shed and see if I have any."

Nodding to her sister, Amity followed Luz outside of the workshop to head outside to her materials shed. Luz grabbed the lock before looking at Amity.

"Turn around."

Amity rolled her eyes as she turned around to let Luz undo the lock on her little materials shed. Luz put the combination in and held the pad lock in her hand. She opened the doors, and they went inside.

"Let's see if I have any cobble metal."

Luz looked on the right side of the shed while Amity looked over the left side of the shed.

"For someone so smart, I thought you would've at least organized a little." Amity said.

"Well, I've been busy." Luz said, looking through the different types of metal.

"You should still have an organization system for this stuff." Amity said as she pulled out a sheet of metal, looking it over.

After a while of searching, they found a couple pieces of Cobble Metal.

"Well, this should be good enough to make an arm."

"And this should be a reminder that you need to order more if you want to make the suit complete." Amity said to her sister.