1😈

Taehyung POV

The yelling filled the house and the little girl runs inside hiding from it.

I hate it, feeling this powerless.

Once upon a time, we weren't this pathetic.

High on power, the hyungs and I let the witches lure us into the woods, and then everything had gone dark. 

When we became aware again, we were trapped in a root cellar in the middle of a power circle, held down with wrought iron chains and rope woven from vines into inimitable patterns to contain his energy.

 Esoteric symbols were painted in blood across our limbs and around the flagstones we knelt on, holding us in stasis.

That was the beginning of the end for us and we have been stuck here ever since.

We all went out of our minds in those first years, raving like lunatics and plotting our revenge against the witches. 

I  released a deep sigh, glad that we can at least move around in astral form, once we got the hang of it.

At first, it had been so much fun to chase people away from the property, but even that grew dull after a while.

 We had a good twenty years of playing with the inhabitants of his home before strangers stripped the house of all its metal and abandoned it.

There was a long stint where we'd been all alone, the house fell into disrepair around us, and the land became overgrown in an attempt to return to nature.

 One day, a group of people with giant machines and bright lights swarmed over the house.

 Their clothes were strange and their behavior even more so.

 They pretended they were being murdered, reenacting the scenes until a guy in a chair with a bullhorn told them they could leave.

Things like that kept happening and all we could do was stand back and watch.

One day Jimin overheard a person telling another that it was a perfect location, straight out of a horror film, though we didn't understand what that was at the time.

 We later learned by watching the people behind the scenes make what they called 'movie magic' and we all decided to help along with the creepiness factor by causing disruptions whenever we could. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself to no end.

The decades passed, our home burned to the ground and all we could do was watch it burn.

There were no casualties but our home was gone and it wasn't like we could go anywhere.

It took time but some workers with big machines rebuilt the house on top of the old foundation and with that, a new family moved in.

We watched as they were happy, grew old and their kids moved out.

It went on like it a couple of times until this new family moved here.

This family is not as happy as the others.

"Is he at it again?" Namjoon frowns walking into the room.

We usually like to stay in the attic but when things get heated we come down.

"Yeah, he seems to be drunk" Jin Sighs in annoyance.

Whenever he drinks he beats his woman who stands in between him and the little girl that is currently crying under her cover.

"Y/N-ah, Don't cry okay?" Jimin tries to comfort her.

The craziest thing of all is that she can see us. The little girl, Y/N can really see us.

She is the first person to be able to see us.

"He is so scary Jiminie. I don't like him" Y/N sobs, if only we could hug her, to properly comfort her.

"Don't say that. He is your father" Hobi hyung tries to reason but she is having none of it.

"No, he is mean and I don't like him. I only like mommy and you guys" Her heartbreaking sobs wreck through her little body.

"Okay, Okay. You are right. He is a bad guy" I say in agreement and to hep her calm down.

With that, she begins to drift off.

Hours pass when her mom walks in, a prominent bruise that wasn't there today is on her cheekbone indicating he hit her again.

The woman lifts Y/N and gently places her on her bed, with a soft kiss she leaves her child tucked in.

"I hate this! I hate not being able to do anything! Did you guys see the bruise on her face!?" Jungkook says in outrage making the lights flicker in the hallway.

"And what do you want us to do Kook? Scare him? We are fucking Ghosts!" Yoongi hyung Whisper yells so as to not wake up little Y/N.

Who would have thought that this would be our lives?

The week goes on the same, The father comes home drunk and we try to keep Y/N bust and out of his way as best as we can but not everything is ever easy.

I guess we were too hopeful.

"Bathroom" Y/N says leaving her homework, we stay put not too worried since the bathroom is not too far and her father is piss-drunk.

"You little shit!" We hear a yell and rush out of the room to find Y/N's father towering over her, his hand up ready to hit her.

No! No, this cant happen!

We can't stand and watch

Anger took over us making the windows shake and the lights flicker, as we shoved him away from her, only that it was too strong because he stumbled done the stairs, his head hitting the floor with a loud thud.

Shit! we just killed a human.

That is a first for all of us, even indirectly.

Our kind prefers the power of greed and corruption over death and destruction.

His spirit tried to linger but it was no match for our power and we sent it along to his final destination.

If the screams his spirit made as tendrils of darkness dragged him away were any indication, he wasn't going to a happy place.

"That sounds like a fun place,"  Jin hyung says sarcastically as he watches Hobi hyung and Jimin Hyung comfort the petrified child.

Hours later when Y/N's mom came she found the body and stare at it for several minutes before turning away and calling the emergency services. 

Once the body was removed Y/N and her mother vacated the property in the middle of the night.

Y/N was a bit disoriented but once she realized what was happening she started crying for us, it was hard to watch.

 Within a week there was a 'For Sale' sign posted on the front lawn. 

All I could do was hope that Y/N and her mom have a better life with that man gone.