12😈

Y/N POV

I sit on a couch at a small mom and pops coffee shop I found in the area.

 It was across the street is the local community college branch, and kids came and go in a constant stream, some staying to study while others grabbed a quick coffee before their next class.

At first, the barista said Chewie couldn't come inside, but since it was pouring out, after a while, she relented. 

Either that or it was the twenty I slipped the girl, I'm not sure which one.

 Now Chewie  is laying next to me snuggled deep in a blanket, sleeping the rain away, oblivious to the rest of the world. 

He is hidden enough in the blanket that no one has noticed him there.

With my laptop balanced on my knees, I do something I thought I would never do.

I searched the internet forums for information on the paranormal and haunted houses.

After several hours of dead ends and unbelievable nonesence, I find a person who run a paranormal antique shop specializing in haunted items and all the paraphernalia needed to search out your own ghosts.

Leery of the shops claim at first, I contact the person with my story.

 Mr. Gregory Marshall replies back within minutes.

 After an hour of chatting on messenger, I found out he was close to the same age as me and his shop in located in downtown.

 Tourists seem to make up the main clientele of the shop, looking for haunted heirlooms to take home, but they also sale supplies for more serious buyers.

 He preferred that I called him Greg.

Greg begins to tell me about some mirrors he has that would allow the user to see supernatural entities.

 I tell him that I don't want to buy something like that since it sounded too far-fetched and it felt like it could be a scam.

He said he would let me borrow them for a few weeks, to try them out and let him know if they worked or not.

 He even offered to stop by tomorrow in the morning and install them for me if I wanted.

I sit back and contemplate for all of fifteen minutes.

If the mirrors did what he claimed, I would be able to see my imperceptible housemates.

 If they didn't work, I wouldn't be out anything and could simply return them to Greg's shop with my verdict.

It  truly surprised me that someone would allow a stranger to borrow something like those mirrors as they sounded expensive, but Greg had seemed genuinely intrigued by my story.

When I told him where I lived, he grew even more excited, instantly guessing that he must know about the house's reputation. 

Perhaps that is the reason he is willing to let me borrow the mirrors, because of the rumors about my property.

Accepting his offer, I slumped back further on the couch and flicked open my favorite dating application.

 Online dating might not work for some people, but I am far too shy to meet someone at a bar or even a coffee shop. 

Working from home puts a severe dent in a person's social life.

Being an introverted woman of the twenty-first century, online dating is my best chance to meet new people in the area. 

I just wish that some men were looking for more than a one-night stand.

 Maybe my man raider is off. Can't find a good one to save my life.

There was a guy I chatted with several times, exchanged pictures with, and talked to on the phone until I felt comfortable meeting with him.

 We went out for drinks the previous weekend and it appeared we hit it off, so he asked me out on a second date.

 When I agreed, he offered to pick me up. 

Since I had already met him in person and he seemed okay, I told him yes and gave him my address.

Looking at the time, my eyes widen when I realized I need to get home to have time to get ready and clean up the mess from this morning. 

Quickly I put away my things and gathered Chewie into my arms, thanking the barista on my way out of the coffee shop and leaving another sizeable tip in the jar on the counter.