28😈

Y/N POV

I shake my head at the guy's excitement while I swerve around a slow driver in the left lane. 

I hate people who drive in the left lane without care, unconcerned about the other drivers behind them.

 Then again, I also hate driving.

We are on our way to the big city, everyone seated comfortably as I rented an SUV as I drive down the highway.

The guys taking in all their surroundings amaze at the highways and the scenery around them.  

 It didn't take long to get everyone packed as well as a pet-friendly hotel booked in the center of the financial district.

 Believing it would be the best place to stay since the guys had a fascination with the idea of the area.

And if I am going to spend a long weekend in New York, You can bet your sweet bottom that I am also going hit up the best of the food world the city has to offer while we are there.

Taking a deep breath of the smoke-tinged air, I lean to the side and without taking my eyes off the road I ask no one in particular. "Tell me about your life."

 I feel all seven pairs of eyes on me and through the reviewer mirror, I see a few glimmers of the wariness that had disappeared after they opened up to me about what they were.

 "It's quite a long and rather boring story," Hoseok says, trying to shrug it off.

"Somehow I doubt that," I argue, standing firm, needing to know more about the lives they have lived so long ago.

"Once upon a time, in a land far away, during an unseasonably harsh storm–" Yoongi begins.

"Seriously?" I cut him off, looking towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"If you want the origin story, deal with the fluff." He grins, adjusting his posture lower in the seat and around the dog's crate on the floor in front of him.

Chewie is sound asleep, nested deep into several blankets to keep warm and cozy.

Yoongi, for his part, looks delicious in the passenger seat.

 With dark-washed jeans, a dark grey V-neck shirt, and a black leather jacket, he looks like he would be at home walking down any New York street.

 He catches me perusal and winks, causing me to blush.

"Story." I push looking back towards the road, turning on the blinker and merging into the right lane so I can set the cruise control.

"As I was saying before you interrupted me, somewhere in Rome around the year fifty-five BC, a Senator and two Druids performed a ritual on a slave that called me into existence."

I swerve as I look at him in shock. "There is no way you're over two thousand years old."

"I look good for my age, right?" He says as I watch him reach for the sturdy handle in the car's door and grab it with a white-knuckled grip even though his tone is light and teasing.

I grunt in reply. "So, what happened to the slave?"

"One personality goes in, and one personality comes out. The Senator was losing confidence with his peers and wanted to move higher in the rankings. He wanted more wealth, more prestige, and more respect."

"And you do that for people?" I question.

"I didn't have a choice. The Druids used a binding spell to bind my will to his commands. Lucky for me, they didn't think past his death. A mob killed the Senator in the aftermath of Julius Caesar's death. Once free, the Druids that had helped to create me fled in fear of my wrath."