4😈

Y/N POV

I sit with the realtor and the mortgage company's representative in the boardroom of a posh office in downtown.

 It is time to sign the paperwork for my new house.

The excitement I am feeling at the prospects of owning the beautiful lakefront property is too much.

 I talked the sellers down an extra twenty-five thousand, and she was thrilled with the negotiations. 

This house is going to turn into a substantial investment, fingers crossed.

For the last several weeks I have daydreamed about the property as I worked to sell as much of my belongings as I could.

 Most of my things had been ruined in a house fire, but some of my more valuable possessions were salvageable.

After the inspector returned saying everything was in acceptable condition and the appraisal came back for far more than the house was being sold for, I set the gears in motion for a quick buy.

I took the week off of work to move and settle in.

The longest part would be the drive from Texas to Massachusetts, but at least I can relax and go slow.

 After selling just about everything I owned, I am ready for a fresh start in a new city.

"I still can't believe you're buying it," Christie mutters. 

One of the best things about buying this house is never having to deal with her again. God is she annoying.

"Just think of all that commission you will make," I say ignoring the mortgage broker as he watches us.

 He hands me a stack of papers and I go to work signing the bottom of each.

"You may think I'm only here for the money, but I'm honestly concerned that you aren't taking this whole haunted house thing seriously," Christie says, getting an odd look from the representative as he hands me yet another paper to sign.

"I've told you a million times, there are no such things as haunted houses." I frown at Christie as she signs and dates the new sheet.

"My family has lived here for generations since they came from the Massachusetts Bay Colony and joined the first settlers in this area," Christie proclaimed her heritage with pride, sitting back in her chair and crossing her arms over her chest.

 "My grandma used to tell me and my older sister stories that have been passed down through my ancestors about the weird shit that happened out in the area surrounding this property."

"Mhm, so you've said" I mumble signing the last paper.

The mortgage broker sniffs in disdain and turns to me. "Welcome to our town. You'll find a few people around here that insist on propagating rumors like these. Of course, the city has a large tourist industry based around the witch  and the trials that took place"

Christie huffs, the smug look on her face turning to one of anger as the mortgage broker dismisses her claims.

I just shrug and slide the paperwork over the table to the broker, as he hands me the keys to my new life.

I can't wait!

Short chapter, sorry.