6😈

Y/N POV

"Just stack them behind the couch," I say waving my hand in that direction.

"You women sure like online shopping, don't you?" The delivery man asks while chuckling.

I raised an eyebrow at his sexist comment in reply, holding the door open for him, and say nothing causing the man to clear his throat uncomfortably.

With a sheepish laugh, he walks towards the spot I indicated and places the packages. "Right, I'll just stack everything over here."

Using a trolley, he came into the house with box after box, all marked on the side with the same logo, as he stacks them where I indicated.

 After doing the math, I found that it would cost almost the same amount to ship all of my old things and just decided to simply buy everything new.

 It was refreshing to sell what I had, there are no bad memories attached to the new items.

After letting Chewiw back into the house, I begin to unbox the new television first.

It is big, and it will be nice to watch TV while I open the rest of my boxes.

After some work, I place the TV on the stand that had come with the living room set I picked out from the furniture store, connecting the cable box that waited on the doorstep when I arrived.

One of the first things I had done the night before, after putting away all the groceries and cooking dinner, was to set up my computer and rejoin the digital world.

I look towards my office with a longing gaze, thinking I would much rather play video games, but continued putting the new things I ordered away.

Organize now, play later, I remind myself.

 Opening new packages are always fun, I just pretend it's Christmas.

Flicking the television on, I entered my log-in information to connect it to the home internet and started up one of my favorite streaming services. Netflix.

 I find a suitable background show, Stranger Things, which I often watch and re-watch and get comfy to start opening my packages one by one.

The first box contained the new sheets I purchased for the king-size bed in the master bedroom.

 I am looking forward to sprawling out in the new bed knowing I will be exhausted by the end of the day.

Going into the utility room to wash the sheets before using them, I pause outside the door to the basement. Eyeing it, a creeping sensation rolled down my spine, before I moved toward the washing machine.

 I am so glad, I installed that bolt lock before moving in, as I try not to think about the door or what is wrong with it. 

There isn't anything in the basement, you can see through the windows into the unfinished space, but something primal still warns me to keep away from it.

 I just hope I won't regret buying this house because I really freaking like it.