2😈

Y/N POV                                   20 years later.

"I can't believe you are considering buying this house."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I had been dealing with this realtor for weeks, trying to find the perfect home.

My demands weren't high.

 I just want a decent-sized piece of land that isn't too far from the city and in my price range.

Me and the realtor have very different opinions on what that price range is.

"Can we at least go inside and look around?" I turn towards the woman who is beside me with her arms crossed over her chest, a look of distaste plastered over her well-made-up face.

"I'm not going in there, it's haunted." She says shaking her head.

"There is no such thing as haunted houses," I say closing my eyes in annoyance for what feels like the hundredth time, my patience wearing thin.

 We have been having this argument over the last twenty minutes, the time spent traveling from Christie's office to the house.

I grit my teeth, thinking I should have taken my own damn car. 

"I don't know why you're so... resistant. Anyhow, the property management company that owns it is offering a double commission to the buyer's realtor, and you don't have to live here. Win-win in my opinion." I say.

"I'm still not going in there." Christie shoots back, digging her heels into the soft dirt of the front lawn, her arms still crossed in stubbornness. 

I just roll my eyes. This lady is crazy.

The property has been renovated farm-style ranch house, situated on two acres of land, surrounded by a thick screen of trees, and butted up against the Reservoir.

 Downtown Danvers, less than thirty minutes away, does not make me feel like I live in the middle of nowhere without the inconvenience of living in the middle of nowhere.

"You don't have to go in, just unlock the door," I tell her, eyes wandering over the outside of the house.

 It has freshly painted white clapboard siding with the front boasting a large porch dominating the area between the front door and garage.

Flowers decorate the railings, making me grimace.

Those are going to perish within two weeks unless I hire someone to care for them.

 I am more of an indoors person and can't keep a plant alive to, well, save my or it's life. 

There had to be some native plants that would grow out here with no assistance, I'm gonna have to look into it.

 Maybe  I can replace them with plastic flowers upon their inevitable death.

"The property management company went through a lot of trouble to make this place look appealing," I mumble.

"That's because it's haunted. There is a whole neighborhood filled with new construction houses less than a mile from here. Why don't we go see one of those?" Christie insists annoyed that we are still here.

I sigh, running my fingers through my short hair, and scream in silent frustration. "Because those houses are over twice the price of this one. I would rather not hit the top of my pre-approval."

Christie shakes her head but, after much hemming and hawing, she walks towards the front door of the house to open the lockbox dangling from the ornate handle.