18😈

Y/N POV

"I swear, that shower is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced," Scarlet sighs with contentedness as she walks towards the kitchen.

I grin, stirring pancake batter in the measuring cup in front of me.

 "I know the steam shower was a splurge, but it really makes the experience," I say.

Picking up the glass full of batter, I walk to the electric griddle and sprayed it with fake butter before pouring the lumpy mixture on the hot surface.

Scar sits at the bar and groans when she sees what I am cooking. "I swear if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to poison me."

"My pancakes are delightful, and you know it." I sass, sticking my tongue out at Scarlet before flipping the pancakes over. 

I glance up at the mirror.

Scarlet follows my gaze to see all seven spirits sitting on the couch with a sullen expressions plastered across their faces. "What's up with them?"

"Oh, They are just sulking. I tried to get them to write in the flour on the sheet pan," I say, nodding to a cookie sheet covered in white powder a seat over from where Scarlet is sitting.

Squinting at it, Scarlet raises an eyebrow as she read off what one of them had written on it. "No. Why no?"

"I called him TIM and he didn't like that and then asked them to leave you alone while you were here. You know, no haunting funny business. I know how much you hate horror movies."

"And?" Scar asks, a look of concern crosses her face as she looks back at me from the sheet pan.

"He said no while the others agreed with him." I shrug and take the pancakes off the griddle, placing them on two plates.

 Sprinkling some chocolate chips on top, I give one of the plates to Scarlet before continuing, "So I told them, if they weren't nice to you, I'd take away the television for a month. That's when they started sulking. They keep looking up at me though. I think they are trying to gauge if I've taken pity on them yet. Of course, you know me. I always follow through." The last part of that sentence was meant for my ghostly roommies.

The spirits are all looking at me with wide eyes, his lips turning into a pout. 

With a sigh I look away, I won't give in to their pitiful looks.

 Sometimes I think life was easier when I couldn't see them.

"I have to say, chocolate makes these hockey pucks almost bearable." Scar ignored them, taking her clues from me.

 It reminds me of high school when we would ignore the kids who bullied me.

 There weren't many.

 Scar was the captain of the cheerleading squad, and her older brother was the star of most of the sports teams.

No one messed with me if they knew better, but there was always that one person who thought they could drive a rift in our friendship.

 TIM and the guys glared at us, making me grin.

We finish our food, chatting about nothing in particular and catching up on the last few months since we last saw one another.

 Eventually, I clean up the mess I made while cooking breakfast and Scarlet jumps up to help me.

"So, do you think they'll talk to us now?" Scar asks, loading the plates into the dishwasher.

half of the spirits shake their heads in dissent while the rest look bright eyes and ready to communicate.