chapter four

The usually busy bar was stone cold quiet. The sound of the jukebox faintly playing in the background, occasionally distracting Dakota from her thoughts as she swished her beer around in her hand, elbows resting on the wooden bar top. Soft squeaks came from the other side of the bar as Penny wiped down the left over residue of alcohol. A loud sigh, "It's just, he's so unbelievably obnoxious and annoying, and it's like every second he spends breathing around me I just wanna push him up against the nearest wall and take him right there." Soft laughter followed by a smile, Penny turned around to face the slightly buzzed aviator, "I've been there," Mustang moved her head up, getting a look at the older woman's features as she talked, "Back when my dad was an Admiral at Top Gun, every opportunity he could he snuck into my room," she sighed, lightly throwing the rag down next to her as she leaned across Dakota. "He apologized for being an 'egotistical dick' and then. . ." she trailed off, not wanting to give her too much details about what the girl's father figure did.

A smirk tugged at the corner of get pink lips, cheeks being tinted a pale pink in result from the alcohol in her system, "Yeah, I don't need anymore details." Penny playfully hit her arm, a smile plastered on her face, "All I'm trying to say is," she placed a comforting hand on her arm, her thumb rubbing circles into her skin, "I know what you're going through. I may not be able to give you the best advice in the world, but what I can do is tell you how I temporarily 'solved' the problems." The pilot tilted her head slightly, her eyebrows furrowing as Penny picked up her rag, and started walking towards the back, "And the solution was?" "Sex!" A sarcastically pained groan loudly left her lips as she leaned her head on her hand. The bar owner's laughter echoing through the small building. "Gotta go record stock in the back, be right back!" She said as she walked through the door that led to the storage room.

A sigh.

The sound of someone struggling to open up the door disrupted the tired girl lazily sat at the bar. A slow bass reverbed throughout the bar, a song that Dakota could only determine was a Frank Ocean song. She groan at the annoying sound of the locked door repetitively trying to be opened, "It's locked you dumbass!" she yelled as she twisted her neck in order to see the person why was getting on her nerves.

Once again, to her dismay her heartrate involuntarily sped up.

None other than Rooster was placed outside of the door, making eye contact with her through the blinds of the bar. A scoff escaped her lips as she saw him roll his eyes as he licked his lips when he noticed her coming towards the door. Dakota opened it a crack, only allowing her body to nudge between, "What do you want." She stated, not wanting it to come off as a question, letting him know she was annoyed. He took a beat, as she looked up, noticing him looking down at her, almost as if he was looking through her.

"I left my aviators on the piano, need them for tomorrow." Bradley firmly stated, pulling his eyes from her as he looked behind her into the empty bar. He pressed his lips into a thin line. She sighed, moving her body to the side, signaling him to come inside. He scoffed at her silence, muttering something under his breath she couldn't comprehend as he bushed pass her, his hand delicately touching hers, as well as their shoulders briefly touching. She inhaled sharply, cursing herself for how she felt blood rush to certain parts of her body, she blamed the alcohol for making her feel like this. Because it couldn't be her conscience mind.

Dakota shut the door behind her, as she followed the tall man from a distance. She leaned against the bar, watching his back muscles flex at the smallest of movements he made. The female heard him loudly inhale, "You know you're terrible at hiding your emotions," He said, still looking down at the piano, not facing the female. This startled her, she muttered quietly,"What?"

Her breathing picked up, as he turned around to face her, slowly approaching her. "Your cheeks are flushed." He stated, almost as if it was common knowledge, "And I know it's not from the alcohol," he was now a few feet from her,  she felt his eyes practiced undress her, "It's the same look you'd give me before I'd fuck the shit out of you."