chapter eleven

The dim, cold moonlight of the early morning sky peeked through her window. Casting white shadows along her tanned, naked frame. A light sheet was placed over her body, struggling to keep her decency.

Dakota stirred slightly, her conscious waking up as the sound of rustling fabric and a zipper was heard in the silent room. She peeked her eyes open, her cheek against the bed as she saw the figure of a man, sitting down on her bed with his back to her as he put on his boots. A groggy voice, "Mhm so we're doing this again?" she questioned.

Bradley turned around at the sound of her voice, putting his weight on his elbow as he leaned over to her, "I figured," He smirked, her nipples slightly noticeable through the thin sheet. "Didn't wanna push the limits of our agreement right?" She hummed in agreement as his fingers traced over her bare shoulder.

"I guess," she said as her eyes focused on the fingers running over the warm skin of her shoulder, "Would be strange if we arrived at base together," He smiled slightly as she brought her small hand up to his, playing with his fingers in her soft palm. Bradley's soft gaze watched the smooth features of her face, the small pout that was on her lips.

"You gonna fight me again Mustang? Because I meant what I said that shit was hot." A toothy grin on her face, "If you piss me off as much as you did then I might. Just don't call me a selfish bitch, Bradshaw." He leaned in, their faces inches apart as he inhaled, his breath fanning over her face, "Dully noted. Yet I make no promises." Their breath lingered, "I forgot how beautiful you look like this,"

Her breath hitched in her throat slightly, a small heat spreading across her lower abdomen.

He leaned in, connecting their lips in a soft, sensual kiss. She hummed into his mouth as her hands went up to cradle his jaw, as his rough palm was placed on her cheek, thumb rubbing soothingly against her skin.

Bradley pulled away, leaning his forehead against her own, watching as her eyelashes fluttered against her cheekbone. "I'll see you later Mustang," He smirked lightly, standing up from her bed, heading for the front door as the sound of her hoarse voice echoed through the house, "As long as you don't piss me off, Rooster!"

-

The aviators were sat in a room with a bright view of the taxiway, F-18s lined up along the side, the distant sound of jet engines lightly rumbling the foundation.

Dakota was sat next to Phoenix once more, Rooster placed behind them as Hangman was across the isle.

"Time is your greatest enemy." Maverick's voice said as he walked up to the front of the room. The warm light of the sun shining on his face. Dakota leaned back against the seat, spreading her legs slightly as her left hand was laced with Phoenix's.

The screen behind Maverick changed to a model of the course, "Phase one of the mission will be a low level ingress attacking in two plane teams." He changed the screen, the image of a canyon appearing behind him. "You'll fly through this narrow canyon to your target. Radar guided surface air missiles defend the area," He turned around, gesturing with his hand as a brief look of worry bestowed across his face, "These SAMS, are lethal." He turned back towards the room full of aviators.

She turned to see Rooster next to her, his hands gripping his thighs. He turned his head to her, seeing as her cheeks turned a tint of pink at the sheer sight of the man that made her legs shake last. A smirk tighter on his lips as he looked back forward, his head down as his gaze settled in his lap.

"Don't tell me you guys, you know, fucked?" Phoenix smooth voice whispered in her ear. She turned her head back to the front, watching Maverick talk about the very important mission information that she should be listening to. She leaned in, "I have nothing to say." A quiet groan fell from her lips as she pinched the bridge of her nose.