chapter seventeen

Dakota fucking hated herself.

The non-stop throbbing feeling that felt achingly needy between her legs, the hotness of her cheeks making her slightly light headed, the uncomfortable wetness that was in her underwear, causing her to cringe at each movement she made. She was a mess, having barely said a word the entire night, in contrast to her fuck-buddy, who held a knowing smirk on his lips at all times as he conversed calmly, like he didn't have his fingers knuckle deep inside her twenty minutes ago.

Sure, she would engage on some of the talking that was done at the table, (yet most of the words spoken were white noise to her), but Dakota didn't trust herself to speak, too scared that her voice was permanently gone, too scared that the first would that tumble out of her glossed lips would be desperate pleas directed at the pilot that sat smugly to her left. Every now and then, Phoenix would turn her head, a bashful smile on her lips given the fact that Halo was obviously flirting with her. Each time Dakota would send a playful wink her way, nodding her head; trying to get her mind off the fact that her body was screaming for a release.

She would shift uncomfortably in her chair occasionally, slightly tugging at the hem of her dress, trying to force it to cover more of her thigh. Bradley would smirk at this, trailing his knuckles up and down her exposed skin under the table, loving how goosebumps arose due to his touch.

He had this effect on her that made him proud. Ever since the naval academy, he has been desperate to just feel her skin under his, and now that he finally has, watching at she squirmed, her nipples erect, it was his drug.

Dakota mentally cheered when the checks arrived, everyone scooting their chairs back, getting ready to leave the restaurant.

A hand was felt at the small of her back as they approached the large glass doors of the building, "Hey," A smile on her lips, "Do you need me to take you home?" Phoenix's soft voice asked, yet her eyes drifted over the Halo's figure. Dakota smirked ever so lightly, "'M good, and beside you seem like you're gonna be busy." She elbowed her ribs, quietly laughing at her friend's cheeks flooding a light shade of pink. "I don't even know if anything's gonna happen though," "You won't know unless you take her home Nat."

The cool wind coming from the ocean's waves blew through her curly tendrils, the hair tickling her neck slightly. Navy blue pained across the sky due to the sun settling under the horizon. Small flecks of white dotted the sky, the usually busy sea wall street somewhat calm, given the time.

Phoenix furrowed her eye brows, her hand trailing down her arm and interlacing their fingers as they walked down the sidewalk, "Are you su-" "Natasha." She tightened her grip around her palm, "Go. I'm sure one of the guy will give me a ride." The group of pilots approached the cross walk, heading to where their cars sat. A huff from her lips, "'kay," she placed a small kiss on her cheek, "Text me when you get home, yeah?" Dakota nodded, her lips pressing into a thin smile.

-

She laid in bed, the weight of the duvet against her bare legs as she tossed and turned. The events of the passed week rolling noisily through her head, making a headache at the thoughts; most of them consisting of him. His touch, his skin, his smell, his voice, his everything. Over the few years, she had forgotten exactly how much he truly meant to her.

She's had plenty of chances to tell him how she feels; how her heart clenches when he smiles at her, how each time he makes her cum with his eyes on hers, she falls a little bit more in love with him, yet that could be the heat of the moment- she tells herself.

Love.

To her, that was one word she wouldn't use to describe her feelings towards Bradley. She couldn't; because she didn't love him. Even if she did hold him when he found out his mother had passed, how her body shook with heartbreak along with him, she didn't love him.