chapter twenty three

A weeping Dakota laid in Phoenix's arms, minds foggy from alcohol the two of them had drank.

The second Bradley had left her house, she was a mess. Feeling like her heart was ripped out from her chest and her brain was just stomped on. She felt like a total idiot for allowing herself to slowly fall for the man. She had convicted herself that he somehow felt the same way towards her.

She had called Phoenix, barely being audible for her to understand her, but somehow she did and said she'd be there as soon as she could.

So now, here they were. Dakota's head laying in Natasha's lap as she ran her fingers through her curls, just listening to a drunken Dakota babble on and on about what ever thought came to her mind. She herself was no of the legal limit, convincing her mind that she was 'being a good friend' as she tossed back shots of vodka with her friend.

She couldn't remember exactly how it happened, but Dakota found herself straddling Phoenix, her senses being intoxicated yet again with her sweet scent, soft touch, and lips ghosting over hers. "Is this okay?" Dakota mumbled, their breath intermingling.

Phoenix's fingers tightened their grip on her hipbones, her thumbs pressing deeply into the spot above them, making her gasp, arching her back into her. "More than." She said breathlessly, wanting nothing more in her clouded state than to miss the woman that was straddling her.

Going against her sober thoughts that were drowning in her mind, she leaned forward, crashing her lips into Phoenix's. Her hands cradled her face ever so delicately, like she was an ancient artifact, scared it would break if she squeezed too tightly.

Their mouth's melted against one another's, tongues brushing, hands roaming, body's desperate for some sort of relief from her previous sadness that one Bradley Bradshaw caused just hours ago. Phoenix wanted nothing more than to take the pain away from her best friend, to kill the man that broke her. But she knew that solution wasn't at all legal, so she settled for a night of alcohol, the bottle splitting between the two girls as they downed shot after shot after shot.

"Can I make you feel good Dakota?" Phoenix asked breathlessly, as her lips trailed down her jaw, peppering it with small kisses, before finally stopping at the spot behind her ear, causing her breath to get caught in her throat.

Dakota pulled away, leaning her forehead on hers, smiling softly. "Yes," she nodded, teeth glinting in the soft moonlight that poured through the sheerness of her white curtains. "Please."

With both of their minds clouded in intoxication, both of alcohol and each other, they knew they wouldn't necessarily regret it in the morning, given the fact that all throughout their time at the Naval Academy, they had been quite open with each other. So the morning just had a quite awkward beginning, a small headache pounding all through their brains as the harsh light awakened them.

But over time, the drunken night had become one that the two just looked back at and laughed, knowing that the other just wanted to take their pain away the only way their drunken selves knew how.

-

She remembered how groggily to two had woken up just fifteen minutes prior to where they were at now. She felt her thighs sticking slightly to the booth beneath her, the cool breeze of the air conditioning flowing right to her, the vent having been placed right above where she was sitting. The blue hues that radiates from every surface of the pre-dawn horizon.