Part 9: Saving Dvalin

The chapter begins with the group who are having a conversation with each other at the Dawn Winery as they have returned from the starsnatch cliff after the conversation with Dvalin ended up badly.

Diluc: The Abyss Order... Enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues.

Ermir: Wow. That's pretty fast.

Venti: Really? That quickly? You really are well connected, Master Diluc.

Paimon: Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos — why exactly do you need the help of mere humans...?

Y/n: Now that you mention, don't you have god-like power and be powerful enough to handle the situation all by yourself?

Venti: Ahh... How do I put it... "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons." Each archon presides over their own part of Teyvat. That is the role the archons play. Only in performing this duty can we attain power, but I don't like the idea of "ruling" Mondstadt — and I don't feel Mondstadt would really like it either.

Jean: "Go forth and establish a city of freedom without rule." We have not forgotten Barbatos' wish for Mondstadt.

Paimon: Jean... You're such a devotee! Maybe someone got a little too free and is just too lazy to care...

Saikou: I can imagine how people of Mondstadt are going to be shocked to see what Barbatos has become now.

Venti: Ahh... However it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for an extended period of time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest archon among The Seven!

Y/n: You make it sound like that is a good thing and something to be proud of.

Aether: Guess that's why you're god to the City of Freedom...

Venti: Aww, you flatter me.

Diluc: Oh, such a humble god... Is it a blessing, or a curse? But we digress. Let's get back to the topic at hand: the common enemy of all mankind. We have tracked the Abyss Mage to the vicinity of the winery.

Jean: I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape.

Y/n: Guess it's time for abyss mage hunting season to begin.

Aether: Let's hunt it down!

The group then move to the location that Diluc mentioned before to find a Hydro abyss mage roaming around. However, it is surrounded by hillichurls which makes it difficult to eliminate the abyss mage.

Y/n: Alright. Here's the plan. Saikou, Ermir and I will take care of the Abyss Mage. The rest of you will handle the hillichurls.

The group then rush towards the assailants as they split up to attack their specific targets.

The three Seiken users start their attacks on the abyss mage as they swing their swords where their blades are covered in elemental energy at its shield. They then continue swinging their swords at the abyss mage's shield in hopes of destroying it.

The abyss mage tried to retaliate by using water based attacks at them to stop them from attacking further, but they all manage to avoid the attacks and continue attacking the shield. Due to the fact that the shield is hydro and the sword users are using different elements, they are able to break the shield with their elemental attacks with a shorter time than when Saber and Diluc tried to break the shield of the pyro abyss mage.

As soon as the shield is destroyed, the abyss mage is shown to be stunned which leaves it vulnerable for a moment. The three of them land the finishing blow as they hit the unshielded abyss mage with their blades at the same time which kills it in an instant. As soon as the mage is defeated, the rest of the group has successfully taken down to the rest of the hillichurls. Once the battle has come to an end, they then meet up and start talking to each other.