Part 27: The cunning fox.

We see Y/n regaining his conscious after what happened at the delusion factory. He opens his eyes to see Yae Miko looking down at him at they seem to be at the Grand Narakumi Shrine.

Yae Miko: Repeat after me. "Three, two, one, one, two, three, ahhhh, ahhhh." Come on.

Y/n: Three, two, one, one, two, three, ahhhh, ahhhh.

Yae Miko: Okay, that's positive. Your brain seems relatively unscathed, this is good news.

Y/n gets up as he sees the rest of the group with Aether now conscious looking at him.

Y/n: What happened?

Paimon: Well...

Saikou: Let me explain. At the delusion factory, your Xcross watch responds to the situation that Aether was in where he was affected by the purple gas. It seems that the purple gas will harm those who are filled with rage. When you had physical contact with Aether, it unsealed one of your powers which is the primitive dragon book. However...

Y/n: It went back to being uncontrollable and I lost myself the moment that happened.

Saikou: Correct. While you went berserk, you managed to take out the Fatuuses that the Balladeer sent to attack you. After that, the armour disappears and you collapsed due to your body being unable to handle its power.

Yae Miko: That's when I came in to save you all from the Balladeer. Then, Saikou and Denki saved me the effort to get you and Aether here. Honestly, it was like you two were glued to the ground back there.

Y/n: Speaking of Denki, where is he?

Yae Miko: Don't worry about him. He left to go into hiding since he is from the resistance.

Y/n: I see. By the way, is it just me or is your behaviour different from the last time we met?

Yae Miko: Am I? Maybe it's because I had the other shrine maidens leave. Anyway, I've always been like this. People show you whatever side of themselves they want you to see. I know this for a fact. Every side of me is the real me. People just like to define things in all sorts of arbitrary ways. This is a human society - at the moment, anyway - and I'm just doing as I please.

Paimon: Uh... Paimon didn't quite follow.

Yae Miko: Hehe, study humans a while longer, my little friend. You'll see what I mean.

Aether: How did you save us from The Balladeer?

Paimon: Right! Paimon was so focused on Aether and Y/n that Paimon didn't notice what you did to get Scaramouche off our backs...

Yae Miko: What if I told you it was a secret art from the Grand Narukami Shrine, and that I had The Balladeer down on his knees begging for mercy in an instant... Would you believe me?

There was silent from the group as they figure out whether what Yae Miko said is true.

Yae Miko: Hehe, well, maybe you all should be worrying less about that and more about how exactly you are going to thank me... no? Hmm, maybe some of your neural circuitries is less intact than I thought...

Aether: Thank you ever so much, Yae-sama.

Yae Miko: I didn't mean you had to be so formal about it. I need your actions, not your words, hehe. The Delusions... they're still on your mind, aren't they?

Aether: Yes...

Y/n: So what's the situation regarding them at Watatsumi Island?

Yae Miko: You needn't worry. The leader of Watatsumi Island took some troops to clear the place out. She's also issued a strict ban on the use of Delusions across the whole army. With their stronghold exposed, I doubt The Balladeer is stubborn enough to try and retaliate now on his colleagues' behalf. It would be more trouble than it's worth.