Part 24: The fight with the Shogun.

It has been a day since the hotpot game and the group is getting used to Inazuma as they visit the different areas of Inazuma city.

Paimon: Inazuma's not such a bad place, Paimon's having a pretty good time! But... we should probably go and see about the "next operation" that Thoma and Ayaka were talking about, right? As usual, it's the first stop, Komore Teahouse. Are you all ready to head over?

Y/n: Yep. Can't wait to know what it is all about.

The group enter the Komore Teahouse, only to be surprised that neither Thoma nor Kamisato Ayaka are here.

Paimon: How strange... It's never this quiet here.

They notice the dog, whose name is Taroumaru, is at the counter just like during the first time they met.

Taroumaru: Woof, woof... woof!

Paimon: Thoma's playing his ventriloquist game again, huh? Thoma... Thoma...

Taroumaru: Woof! Woof! ...Woof!

Saikou: I don't think that is Thoma's voice.

Paimon: Hey, you can come out now... Paimon's seen you already...

But Thoma did not appear like last time.

Paimon: Huh, not a peep... Ugh, so where the heck is he, then?

Taroumaru: Woof, woof, woof! Woof!

Paimon: Huh? What's got Taroumaru so worked up today? He's always such a good boy...

All of a sudden, Ayaka enters the building as she runs towards the group.

Kamisato Ayaka: Hello, have either of you seen Thoma?

Paimon: No, we thought he'd be with you! Why, has something happened?

Kamisato Ayaka: Then it as I feared... On the way here, I heard that Thoma had been taken away by the Tenryou Commission.

Y/n: This has got to be a prank, right?

Kamisato Ayaka: I wasn't certain whether it was true, so I came right here. The fact that he hasn't arrived here as we arranged suggests that it is true.

Saikou: But why did the Tenryou Commission capture Thoma?

Kamisato Ayaka: The Raiden Shogun is holding a Vision Hunt Ceremony at the Statue of the Omnipresent God today, to mark the 100th Vision seized under the decree. And the 100th Vision bearer in question... the one who will have their Vision seized, I fear... is Thoma.

Paimon: Hold up a second... So the ceremony that Thoma said the Tenryou Commission was busy preparing for... that was this Vision Hunt Ceremony? And he was the target all along?

Kamisato Ayaka: ...I believe so. The shogun and the Tenryou Commission see the ceremony as a milestone. With the 100th Vision, they wish to mark the success of the Vision Hunt Decree to date. ...This cannot happen. I must go and rescue him!

Taroumaru: Woof, woof! Woof!

Aether: Stay calm.

Saikou: I highly advice you to avoid acting rashly.

Y/n: I agree, especially the fact that you are the Shirasagi Himegimi.

Paimon: Yeah! Like it or not, you represent the whole Yashiro Commission. So if you go and pull a stunt like that, you're basically declaring you and the Raiden Shogun are enemies now, right? And by doing it so publicly, you might be implicating a lot of other people from the Yashiro Commission, too...

Kamisato Ayaka: There is no other option... I must act with haste - the ceremony is about to begin. I will not abandon Thoma like this.

Y/n: Ayaka...