Part 18: The reunion. (Part 1)

The group is now in Liyue harbour as they proceed to meet Katheryne to ask for any new commissions for them to do. However, they come across Ganyu who seems to be talking to a woman.

Apparently the two ladies are informed that the treasure hoarders are planning to steal treasures from the abyss order by sending a decoy to drive the forces of the abyss order away from unexplored ruins while a thief will be sent to find anything valuable in the ruins. Since the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Millelith are currently too busy to send anyone to the ruins, Ganyu decided to post a comission at the Adventurer's guild. The group happily accepts the commission and they are on their way to the ruins.

Thanks to trail left by the treasure hoarders, they enter the ruins as they begin exploring the place. During their exploration, they come across a camp with no one inside.

Paimon: There are signs of Treasure Hoarder activity here! They must've come to these ruins.

Y/n: Looks like the rumours are true.

Paimon: Let's go deeper inside... Paimon sure hopes Ganyu's information is reliable...

As they go deeper into the ruins, they encounter some hilichurls who are resting near a campfire before they notice the group and starts to attack them. Fortunately, the three swordsmen are able to deal with the monsters with ease since there are not a lot of them to fight.

Paimon: There aren't many guards here... Looks like their plan to draw away the Abyss Order's forces really worked!

With the hillichurls out of the way, they continue their exploration only to find another empty camp in a room along the way.

Paimon: More signs that a Treasure Hoarder was here! This should be the right direction, but...

Saikou: Is there something wrong?

Paimon: Why does it feel stranger and stranger the deeper we make it into these ruins?

Y/n: Don't worry too much about that as I assure you that nothing bad is going to happen.

Paimon: Hehe, um... Be careful, now! Paimon's right behind you guys...

As time passed by, the group has finally reached the end of the ruins as they enter the final room. They move to the other side of the room and find a person who seems to be in a praying position.

Paimon: Th-This looks like a person! Could it be the Grand Thief?

Saikou: Looks like he's the one, but something seems off about him.

Paimon: Why is he in that position? Is he praying to something?

All of a sudden, an explosion of dark purple energy occurred near the group which causes Paimon to freak out.

Paimon: !?

The group look at the source of the explosion to reveal a statue of the seven.

Paimon: That's...

Aether: A... Statue of the Seven?

Y/n: We are supposed to be in Liyue, but this statue represents Barbatos instead of Rex Lapis.

Paimon: Wh-Why is this Statue of The Seven... hanging upside-down...? And the Statue's hands... Paimon remembers they are normally holding an orb, right? But, this statue is holding... What is that? Uhh... Paimon has a really bad feeling about this... And the Grand Thief hasn't moved an inch. D-Do you think he's...?

Paimon gets closer to the thief and checks on him.

Paimon: Um... hello...? Are you okay mister?

But he didn't respond and shows no sign of breathing.