Part 30: The underground chasm.

The chapter begins as the group is currently underground and they catch sight of a special ruin that has proved itself to be unlike other ruins that they have ever seen before.

Paimon: What the... It's a city? A whole city that's... floating in the air... upside down!?

Aether: I'm at a loss for words.

Y/n: This is certainly the first time we have ever come across a ruin like this before.

Saikou: I guess this must the place where the hillichurls might have went to.

Paimon: Just look at this place, guys... Doesn't it remind you of something? Wait, what was it again...

Aether: "The Defiled Statue."

Paimon: Yes, that's it! It's just like that. Just as strange, just as upside-down, and just as spooky. In which case... Maybe whatever's going on in The Chasm really is connected to the Abyss Order.

*Flashback begins*

The scene changes to see the group at Liyue harbour and they are going to meet up with Katheryne at the adventure's guild to look for commissions.

Katheryne: Ah, travelers. Right on cue, hehe.

Saikou: Looks like someone's in a good mood today.

Paimon: Hey Katheryne! Got any new commissions for us today? Also... how come you look so happy to see us? What have you done!?

Katheryne: I went to the shrine to draw a fortune slip earlier. The shrine maiden told me that "it is the season for an unexpected reunion."

Paimon: Katheryne? Drawing fortune slips at the shrine? ...Is it just Paimon, or is that the most unusual thing ever!?

Y/n: Draw a fortune slip... where have I heard that before?

Paimon: Wait, no, that's not the unusual part — we're in Liyue! You went to Inazuma and back in a single day!?

Katheryne: Hehe, even I have a private life, you know.

Y/n: Touché.

Paimon: Okay, so when you say "unexpected reunion," you mean running into us, right?

Katheryne: Who can say? But the anticipation of knowing that an unexpected reunion is due is making me happy to see everyone I cross paths with today.

Paimon: Fair enough, even though we see each other pretty much every day... Whatever makes you happy.

Aether: An unexpected reunion...

Y/n: What if...

Paimon: Wait, are you two saying... Ohh, Paimon gets it. Well, let's just hope the shrine maiden was right... Fingers crossed we find them.

Katheryne: I'm sorry... Did I say something I shouldn't have? You both seem a little down.

Paimon: Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, back to business. Do you have a new commission you want to give to us?

Katheryne: Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. This one is from a miner. It seems to be related to investigating The Chasm.

Saikou: The Chasm? This is certainly new.

Paimon: Really? Does this mean The Chasm's not sealed off anymore?

Katheryne: I will leave the requester to fill you in on all the relevant details. His name is Yuehui, and he should be at The Chasm right now.

Paimon: Alright then, thanks Katheryne! We'll head there right away.

Katheryne: Very well. Ad astra... abyssosque. Hmm, this time you are truly bound for the abyss. Good luck to you both.