Part 16: The colourful swordsman.

The story begins as we see Paimon looking at the water serpents as the group is now on top of the Jade Chamber.

Paimon: *panting* Paimon's exhausted... If we hadn't happened to see the Jade Chamber flying over just as we came out of the Golden House, we really wouldn't have known which way to go... Whew, did we make it in time? Is the Overlord of the Vortex still in the sea? It hasn't destroyed Liyue yet, has it?

Xiao: What... are you doing here?

The group looks back to see the Qixing and the Adepti together.

Saikou: Xiao?

Paimon: Huh... Hold on! It's the adepti! What are you doing on the Jade Chamber? Paimon thought you were arguing with the Qixing... Is the fighting over?

Ningguang: Faced with such a calamity of such magnitude, we have agreed to put our differences aside for now and unit against this common enemy.

Moon Carver: Hmph!

Y/n: It's great to hear that.

Paimon: Oh, Paimon gets it... So, how do you plan to defend Liyue? Uhh... just seeing this Overlord of the Vortex guy puts a pit in Paimon's tummy, even from all the way out here.

Keqing: It's not just you. We've got new Millelith recruits who can't even stand at attention without shaking. The force of an ancient god's presence seems to be too much for ordinary people to handle. ...Which is why we must stop that monster before it gets any closer to Liyue Harbor!

Paimon: So the Archon War was fought two thousand years ago against enemies like that thing? Now that's scary...

Xiao: ...

Paimon: So will the power of the Qixing, Millelith, and Adepti gathered here be enough to stop that god?

Ningguang: We've already discussed this together, and our conclusion is... not necessarily.

Shi Wei: Wait. So you don't actually have the capabilities on taking down that thing?

Paimon: What!? But all of you are supposed to be the guardians of Liyue. Can't you think of something?

Cloud Retainer: One certainly could.

Paimon: Eh?

Saikou: So what's the plan?

Cloud Retainer: The Qixing did once research the matter of the Guizhong Ballista when it piqued their fancy. And as fate would have it, one, who did craft the Guizhong Ballista with one's own hands, is here... For what could you mortals ever learn of adepti mechanisms? Yet it would take one but a little tinkering to turn this ballista into an engine of war beyond your wildest thoughts.

Ningguang: Heh, I suppose this is one blessing from the adepti that we should be thankful for. So be it. We shall use the upgraded Guizhong Ballista to fight off that god. All the adepti here can lend their strength to man it. We haven't a moment to spare. Our battle begins now!

Ningguang teleports into the air above the group and she uses her power to create a platform in front of the Jade Chamber. She then creates three ballistas on the platform before the adeptis start to play their part. Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper and Cloud Retainer begin to move and they stop on top of the ballistas. After that, they start to activate the weapons as they begin to charge up their shot before a barrage of projectiles is being shot out from the weapons and land successfully on Osial.

However, the plan is interrupted as portals appear out of nowhere where Fatuuses are seen exiting from the portals.

Paimon: The Fatui! They're attacking the Guizhong Ballista!