Upside down. 9

"Couldn't we'd of tried a road, or something less creepy." Sylvie blurted out whilst they were walking through the eerie forest.

"I think we're getting close, we're almost out of here don't worry." Nancy said to the shorter girl beside her.

"Eddie. Eddie. Hey man uh.." Steve whisper-yelled to the long haired boy in front of him as Sylvie ease dropped on the two. "I just wanna say thanks." Steve mumbled. "For saving my ass back there." Steve said mentioning the bat he stabbed with a broken oar.

"Shit. You saved your own ass man." Eddie replied with a smirk. "I mean that is a real Ozzy move you pulled back there."

"Ozzy?" Steve asked looking confused. "When you took a bite out of that bat." He said and Steve still looked confused. "Ozzy Osbourne Steve." Sylvie called out to him and Steve just nodded and pretended he knew what she was talking about.

"Henderson told me you were a badass. Insisted on the matter in fact." Eddie said causing Sylvie to chuckle slightly.

"Wait Henderson said that?" Sylvie asked laughing. "Stop ease dropping Sylvie!" Steve shouted causing her to roll her eyes and turn back around.

"Kid worships you dude." Eddie told Steve. "I don't even know why I care about what that little shit thinks."

"But uh, guess I got a little jealous Steve." Eddie blurted out and Steve gave him a confused look.

"I guess I couldn't accept that Steve the hair Harrington was in fact probably Sylvie Mayfield's soulmate and that he is actually a badass." Eddie said making Sylvie and Steve give a look of disgust.

(A/N Sylvie is still ease dropping btw. )

"Hold on.. Sylvies Soulmate?" Steve shot him a confused look. "Mmm-hm." Eddie replied.

"You do know that me and Sylvie are basically like siblings to each other, and I am also pretty positive she likes you." Steve said making Eddie's face turn slightly red.

"Wait you're jealous because you think Sylvie likes me?" Steve basically shouted in realisation. "Oh my God man, you like Sylvie!" Steve whisper yelled to him. Eddie didn't reply, only a small smirk on his face gave Steve the answer.

Sylvie had heard it all and her face had turned completely red.

-

Finally they reached the Wheeler's home. They walked in and their was disgusting vines everywhere.

"Might be time to get a maid Wheeler." Robin joked. "Come on. I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." Nancy spoke rushing.

They all ran up the stairs and Steve stopped in his tracks turning his light to the kitchen table as the rest ignored it.

Nancy grabbed a shoe box from the top of her wardrobe and placed it on her bedside table. She opened it and inside were a pair of white shoes.

"Uhm, those aren't guns." Eddie spoke making Sylvie scoff. "No shit sherlock." She spoke in a 'duh' tone.

"I don't understand." Nancy said confusingly. "Maybe you left them somewhere else, me and Sylvie will check." Eddie said as Steve shot him a look.

Sylvie nodded and they walked out of the room into the bedroom beside her own. "If I were a gun where would I be." Eddie said looking around the room.

Sylvie built up enough courage to confront him about what she heard. "I heard what you were talking about to Steve." Sylvie said blushing slightly. Immediately Eddie's face turned red.

"You.. You ehm, heard that?" He asked stuttering and Sylvie just nodded. "Remember what I told you at Skull Rock?" Sylvie asked and Eddie's face lightened up. "It wasn't a lie."

"Really?" Eddie asked. "Duhhh." Sylvie answered just as she was about to talk again Steve shouted from the other room. "Eddie, Sylvie come on we found something!"

Just as Eddie was about to leave Sylvie stopped him. "Fuck it.." She whispered under her breath and kissed him, their lips slowly moving in sync. Sylvie pulled away and whispered. "Holy shit.. for a guy who probably hasn't even kissed a girl in his life your a damn well good kisser."

(660 words)