CHAPTER THREE

...

You know its love when you have been saying goodbye how many times but you're still not ready to leave - Unknown

...

In the wide-spaced living room of the mansion owned by the people who exude great wealth, authority and power was a lineup of bodyguards; with their heads hanging low as they didn't dare to meet the eyes of the boss. In the middle was Khun Korn, the superior who takes control over everybody.

He assembled all of the bodyguards working in the mansion including even those who worked for his sons.

"Where's Pete?" Khun Korn asked which made both Arm and Pol panic.

"He's...he's with Khun No. They are watching movies." Arm dared to answer and looks at the floor.

"Should I call him?" Pol asked this time.

"No. Let him stay there."

Both Arm and Pol look around. Kinn and Porsche aren't included in the meeting. Khun No as usual isn't invited but with Pete... no matter how stubborn Khun No is to tell his dad that one of his bodyguards will not attend a meeting, Khun Korn always makes sure that Pete should be there.

This is the first time that Khun Korn didn't mind if Pete is absent.

"This meeting is only between all of us." Khun Korn said. "Even Kinn, Porsche, Khun, and Pete shouldn't know about this."

Arm and Pol secretly look at each other, both wondering why the four shouldn't know about this. And how come Pete shouldn't be involved if he's like any other bodyguards?

Besides, Pete is one of the strongest bodyguards, and excluding him from this kind of matter is already suspicious.

"Arm and Pol." Khun Korn mentioned their names. "Make sure that none of the four will know about this."

Arm maintained a poker face. "Yes."

But Pol seems to be already guilty of hiding whatever secrets it may be. They always share secrets but what Khun Korn just said may ruin their friendship.

"The duty of the two of you is to keep this from them. Do you understand?"

Taking deep breaths, both Arm and Pol replied. "Yes, Khun Korn."

"Chan." This time he called P'Chan.

"You will be assigned to spying on Vegas. Gather information and make sure that we will catch him."

The way he gives instructions was the same as planning how to catch a wild animal.

"What about Khun Macau?" P'Chan asked.

Khun Korn let out a sly grin. "I found someone that will do it."

Arm and Pol who's at the back keep exchanging a disappointed looks.

Some may think that the death of Khun Kan will be the end but for Khun Korn; it isn't. As long as Khun Kan's blood is still flowing in somebody's veins, he will not stop to ruin it.

No one knows where all the hatred comes from. It could be about power, greediness, or other reasons that nobody knows about. Khun Korn has trained his men to hunt the Second Family without giving any personal reasons that they all got used to it.

They were like robots that were programmed to kill and hurt each other without knowing the cause.

"You may now go." Khun Korn ordered.

As they start leaving the living area, there is one rule: whatever you hear or know, keep that in your mouth.

"Am I late?" Kim asked which made Arm wonder.