Chapter Eight

...

I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I chose both
- Sarah Kay

....

These past few days, everything seems to be normal and that is making me anxious. Khun Korn isn't doing anything in particular which is not a good sign.

He already wanted to kill Vegas and Macau but he just stays in his office and managed the business normally with Khun Kinn.

Dear Khun Korn,
If you want to kill them, please make a move.

I am getting sick of predicting what everybody else wanted to do.

I want to complain so badly. I hope Khun Kim will just approach me and tell me that he is spying on me. Can you all just talk face to face and do your intention in one sitting? I am already stressed by this situation.

"I am sleepy," Pol said and stretches his arms. "I will sleep first."

With his dark eye bags, drowsy eyes, and slowly visible wrinkles, I can say that he needs to sleep now.

"I'm also tired. Night." Arm said and walked with Pol heading towards the room the three of us were sharing.

As I am the one being left behind, I walked slowly. Before reaching our room, we will pass by Khun Korn's office.

When Arm and Pol already entered and were ready to sleep, I noticed that the door at Khun Korn's office are slightly open.

Without making a sound, I went nearer to it; almost gluing my back on the wall. When I take a peek, I saw Khun Korn's silhouette facing the window.

Damn. He looks like a villain in this view. That silhouette, intimidating shadow and the smoke coming out from his cigarette is half cool and half disturbing to look at.
What are you even planning Khun Korn?

"This is the best way to get the justice both of you to deserve."

Huh? Both of you? Since inside his office was a little bit dark, I tried my best to adjust and look carefully at him.

It's that picture again.

I know that he keeps looking at a picture but I can't see what it is.

"Both of you will finally be at peace."

What does he mean?

I cannot continue looking when I heard footsteps downstairs. I walked away still thinking about what Khun Korn meant.

Who is he talking to? Who are the "both of you"? Are they connected to Khun Kan and the rest of the Minor Family?

With those questions filling my head, I can feel that I am already developing a migraine at this point.

Let me live! Damn!

In the morning, I heard that everybody is busy preparing food and cleaning the whole mansion for a sudden visit.

"Who is it?" Porsche asked me and wrapped his hands around young Porche'.

"I don't know," I replied. "Maybe an important client."

"I invited Vegas and Macau here."

What the hell! Damn! My spirit almost left my body when I heard that.

Vegas that idiot didn't message me about it! He just keeps sending goodnight emojis and not informing me about this.

What if we both end up as a meal? Oi! Why do you all want me to suffer?