Chapter Five

"Worst betrayal always comes from the people we trust a lot."- Garima Soni

KIM'S POV

When I entered my father's office- where he usually is as if he is hibernating, I saw him caressing a photo.

That is one of the mysteries that until now, I can never find the answer to. There is always this photo that I will find him holding and looking at. That is the only thing where I can see my father have different emotions in his eyes.

"You called me?" I asked.

My eyes followed the movement of his hand placing the photo in his cabinet and locking it.

How special it could be isn't it?

"I will be giving Pete two weeks to gather information and kill Macau." He said casually as if killing Macau is like telling Pete to kill a chicken.

Why is he even so dedicated to killing the two? If he wanted it long before, both Vegas and Macau are easy targets when they were young.

"To see if Pete doing his assignment, I want you to spy on him. Report to me if everything he told me was accurate." Pa said as he plays the chess pieces on his table.

He intended to put Pete in this position as if Pete will be the barrier and will also take the blame at the same time. Using Pete is both a great move and a bad one.

"Did he agree?" I asked.

"Yes. See? His loyalty is in the Main Family." I saw a smile forming on my father's lips. "Why will he choose Vegas who caused him pain?"

I kept quiet, not saying anything that can cause trouble.

"If you caught Pete not doing his job properly." He stares at me. "Kill him."

What?

Pa then grins and continues. "I wonder what will Vegas feel."

I tried my best to hide the confusion I am feeling right now. Seeing my father behaving like this just makes me feel creepy.

I am also both surprised and not with the decision Pete made.

It doesn't fit with the clues and puzzles I have.

"Follow my order, Kim. You're the only person I trust here." Pa said and smiled at me.

I nodded at him and left his room.

Helping him doesn't mean I am in favor of his choices. Helping my father means I will gain something.

My goal isn't to make Pete a sort of dummy or support the idea of killing Vegas and Macau.

I am here to find the root of the grudge my father is holding against the Second Family. I want to know where this madness and evilness is coming from like a fire in hell that doesn't stop burning.

Pa, we're different.

When I arrived at my room, I found Porche sitting in front of his study table almost putting his head on the book he was reading. I sat on the edge of the bed as I look at him.

"Che'. Can I ask you something?"

The moment I asked, he drops his pen but still reading. "What is it?"

"Just a minute."

When I said that, he slightly turns his head and looks at me with a smile.

"What?"

"What do you think about Pete?" I asked him.

I am hoping that he won't find me suspicious as I asked about Pete.