Chapter Eleven

(NOTE: This will not follow the original novel, as always, so these are their age for those who wanted a reference.
Khun Korn- 55 years old
Khun Kan-52 years old
Khun Sun- 52 years old
Sol- 22 years old
Eros- 8 years old)

...

"It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge."
- Friedrich Nietzche

...

(ITALICIZED PARTS ARE FLASHABACKS)

PETE'S POV

I sat beside Vegas and held his hand in case he will react differently to what Khun Sun will tell him.

Khun Sun puts his cigarette on the ashtray, sat comfortably on the other sofa, and signaled the rest of his men to leave the three of us first.

"Everything happened more than thirty years ago that I thought Korn has gotten over it." He started and takes a deep breath.

Both Vegas and I were quiet waiting for him to continue his story.

"Korn and my brother Sol were from two different faculties. Korn is known for being the good-looking, troublemaker, and rich guy from the Faculty of Economics while my brother is a typical good-looking guy who plays chess, and basketball for fun and is a star student from the Education Department."

So Khun Korn is already a trouble maker that time. Never changed.

"They met at the chess club where they both applied and get along with each other. My brother's classmates would tell me that it was only Sol who can make Korn shut up because he had a bad temper as always," Khun Sun laugh a little.

"My brother told me that Korn is bad at playing chess but had no choice since he is required to join at least one club based on the school policy. The Chess Club only has a few members. That is when my brother will spend his time after class, teaching Korn how to play it. That is also when they started."

Thinking about it, I have seen a chess board and pieces in Khun Korn's room. I always thought that it was his favorite sport since he was born.

This is the first time I found out that it is the club where he met Sol.

"Korn. You should listen and study about-" Sol didn't finish his sentence when he caught Korn was not even listening to him.

"Korn. Are you even paying attention?"

Sol left his seat and went to Korn who seems to be looking outside. When Sol finally went in his direction, he saw that the other guy is sleeping peacefully.

Sol smiled as those deep dimples in both of his cheeks appeared. Fixing his eyeglasses, Sol bent a little and poked Korn's nose which made him awake from his sleep.

Korn was still half-awake, trying to remove Sol's finger that is playing with the tip of his nose.

"Ai Sol!" He shouted and stands up. "I will beat you up, I'm telling you," Korn warned.

The man with those pretty pair of dimples can only cross his arms at the level of his chest and bent a little to take a look at Korn who's almost ten centimeters shorter than him.

"How? I'm taller than you." Sol joked and tried to tiptoe that even making Korn furious.

"Tall, stupid, and soft-hearted." Korn went back to his sit and tried to sleep again.