Chapter Four

...

Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful.
- José N. Harris

...

Some debts must be paid.

For Khun Korn, the debt Khun Kan owes him isn't paid yet even after his death. That's why; his successor must compensate for it.

Khun Korn remains in his office, sitting on the swivel chair as he stares at an old photo that he was holding.

"They are slowly paying for it." Khun Korn whispered. "Your death will finally have justice."

"Pa."

Khun Korn immediately placed the photo in the cabinet. Khun Kim enters hugging two thick folders and placing them on the table.

"These are the only information I got," Kim said and sat on the opposite chair. "The reason why we can't have all of their properties is that someone has been protecting both Vegas and Macau."

Khun Korn picked up one of the folders. Most of them were a list of people that can still have a connection with both Vegas and Macau. These people do not hold a higher position that's why there is no sense to spend time studying about them.

"Kan surely prepared for this." He answered. "He makes sure that the properties of his son will stay under them."

Khun Korn thought that after Kan's death, his family can already take full right that even Vegas and Macau will be under them. But, what they can get from Khun Kan isn't even half of the properties.

Aside from that, the properties were named after different people which means that Khun Korn cannot touch them. Khun Kan hired someone to cover up for Vegas and Macau.

There is also a big person behind the transaction that did his work smoothly that Khun Korn's team cannot get a grip on the properties.

Who it is? They still don't have any clue.

"I thought he hated his children." Khun Korn let out a smirk. "He still managed to protect them after his death."

Khun Kan never made things easy for him. He once thought that Vegas and Macau is easy to target but he was wrong about that. Khun Kan created a huge barrier that is hard to break through.

"Why didn't you include Kinn and Porsche with this?" Kim suddenly asked.

Kim looks at his father, expecting an answer.

"Because of Pete." Khun Korn answered briefly.

"Pete?"

"Porsche treats Pete as his brother and Kinn will always listen to Porsche." Khun Korn gave Kim the same intense stare he was giving.

"They will probably oppose me from using Pete as a sacrificial lamb."

Pete is the closest person to Vegas and Macau. He can be the weakness or the strength but it depends on how he gonna use Pete in this game.

Khun Korn knows the loyalty of Pete that even though he was held captive by Vegas, he came back to the Main Family. That is what he knows.

If Pete earns the trust of Vegas and Macau then it will be so easy to destroy the second family.

"How about Khun?" Kim asked again.

"Khun cares about Pete. The plan of sending Pete to spy on Macau should be a secret, especially from Khun."

"What?" Kim reacted when he heard that. "You want Pete to spy on Macau?"

"Are you getting soft to that bodyguard?" Khun Korn questioned that made Kim sit properly.