Chapter Nine

...

I am going to fight. I am going to fight for you. You need to remember that.
- R.L Griffin, "Seamless"

...

I am always in constant debate with myself and sometimes making a decision and doing them confused me.

If the only problem is Khun Korn then it is easy to leave but looking back, I also left my friends.

There is a chance that if we meet each other again- we will face one another as enemies.

While we are on our way to the Minor Family's mansion, none of us says anything. The ambiance is very cold and quiet. I only stare outside with a heavy heart.

I wonder what Khun No feels if he found out that I sided with Vegas and left without resigning as his head bodyguard. Maybe Khun Kinn will be mad at me or Porsche will be disappointed. I wonder if Pol and Arm will forgive me once we meet each other again.

I hope they will understand that I am not only doing this for myself.
I also have the person I love who I need to fight for.

I am just like Khun Kinn who has Porsche and is willing to risk everything or Khun Kim who has Che' that he has to protect.

Like them, I also have Vegas which I wanted to save.

If they find out how our story went, I know they will say that making Vegas suffer is the best choice. Well, I already have the choice to make him suffer by having the opportunity to kill Khun Macau.

But what they can't see is my Vegas.

The Vegas who wanted to be loved and the other side of him.

I didn't fall in love with the old Vegas whose happiness depends upon the destruction of others or the manipulative one.

I fell in love with the Vegas who will sit still in the room, buy me food, listen to my weird stories, would throw jokes, and laugh with me. I am into Vegas who won't complain every time I annoy him and the person who made me feel that I am loved.

The only problem is his twisted mind (sometimes) and that's already given.

"We are here." Mark energetically said and jumped outside.

Vegas lend his hand to me as we walked inside the mansion.

Everybody's eyes are on me, some look so confused and in doubt about why am I even here.

The time will come that we are all going to work with each other so we have to get along well.

"Venice keeps crying." Khun Macau appeared in front of me and he smiled. "Welcome."

I slightly smiled at him and followed the other.

"Why is he crying?" I asked when I heard Venice.

Khun Macau handed Venice to me and stuffs his mouth with the feeding bottle. It seems like Khun Macau is already exhausted from looking after his younger brother.

Without even a minute, Venice already stopped crying and with his eyes closed, he peacefully drinks the milk.

"Are you hungry?" Vegas asked me.

I diverted my gaze and shake my head. "I am not. Can Venice sleep with me?"

"What? Why?" Vegas suddenly asked troubled by what I said.

What do you mean by what and why? Is he protesting?

"I think so too." Khun Macau agreed. "Every time Phi Pete is around, he doesn't cry. Please call me Nong." He said shyly referring to his last sentence that corner of my lips rose into a smile.