♡‧₊˚ Mafuyu Asahina x reader- Cloudy picnic ♡‧₊˚

saki_kinnie

The grass is soft and glossy beneath my feet, so inviting that I slide of my shoes and pad through it bare-foot, laughing as I clasp onto Mafuyu's hand, who smiles gently back

The grass is soft and glossy beneath my feet, so inviting that I slide of my shoes and pad through it bare-foot, laughing as I clasp onto Mafuyu's hand, who smiles gently back. The sun dips in between clouds floating like ice cubes in a drink, sending rays through that dapple on the lake as we approach.
We take a seat beside the lake's glassy surface, and Mafuyu looks at me expectantly.
"Oh, the food!" I ruffle in my backpack and bring out a few Tupperware containers: strawberries, sliced mango, sausages, mini pancakes, sandwiches, favourite food and favourite drink.A range of foods, since she isn't sure what she likes or dislikes.
"Y/n, this is really impressive. I didn't expect you to be so organised." She murmurs, and I laugh quietly to myself.
"Well, you always organise everything, so I wanted to treat you to something." I reply, passing her a strawberry , which she accepts silently. "And since exams are almost over, I thought you needed a break before the last few." Instinctively, I stroke the dark shadows blooming under her eye that's nobody else seems to notice, and she glances up, the entire sky caught in her irises.
"Thank you, y/n." She smiles, and it's not like the ones she puts on at school, the ones she puts on for her parents. It's real, and it's only for me.
Once we've eaten most of the food (and Mafuyu, with a little coaxing, has decided she likes strawberries, but doesn't like mango), we lay on our backs, staring into the sky, hands together.
"2 weeks of school left." She murmurs. "Although I still have tutoring and extra lessons."
"But that won't take all of your time. We can meet up... you can come round mine, and work on your music." I smile into the sky. Recently, Mafuyu told me about N25, the band she's in, and I've been helping occasionally, with their social media accounts, and mainly rewatching each of their songs, listening to my girlfriend's lyrics, feeling too many emotions to put into words.
"I hope. My mum's been very... controlling, recently. I can't let her find out about N25." She vows, and I glance at her: her face is set in a firm line of determination, and her eyes seem to stare at something that isn't there.
I roll onto my stomach, twirling a strand of her hair around my finger.
"She won't." I soothe her. "Remember you can spend as much time with me at my house as you want, if it gets too much." Mafuyu smiles, and cups my head in her hands.
"Thank you, y/n. I will. This summer, I'll spend as much time as I can with you."
She leans towards me and kisses me softly, and I feel a warmth spreading through me.
This summer is going to be amazing...